Global Health Informatics and Analytics Intern
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RolePalladium is seeking a fall intern to provide support in the implementation of project activities in the Data Informatics Analytical Solutions Practice, including Orphan and Vulnerable Children (OVC), Data Demand and Use (DDU), and other global health projects. This position will start in September 2017. Primary responsibility will be to assist technical staff with literature review, quantitative analysis, and data visualization. The intern will contribute to written materials, including reports, research articles, briefs, and job descriptions. French language proficiency is highly desirable
- General research support for the OVC and DDU portfolio including literature reviews/desk-based research, quantitative analysis, report writing, data visualization, and generating presentations.
- Updating of OVCImpact.org website using WordPress
- Updating OVC survey toolkit, manual, and guidance documents
- Develop training materials for data analysis in excel
- Work well both independently with limited management direction and within a team.
- Support field consultants and local research staff through e-mail and phone calls
- Organize team meetings and take minutes as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree in International Relations, Economics, Geography, Political Science, Public Health, Mathematics, Statistics, or related degree; Master's degree preferred
- Strong writing, quantitative, and research skills
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional skills in Microsoft Excel required
- GIS experience preferred
- Experience with WordPress preferred
- Must be able to work under tight deadlines, with multiple/simultaneous demands
- Fluency in English required; proficiency in French preferred
- Must be authorized to work in the United States