Grants Manager - Rwanda
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status. Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Project Overview and RolePalladium seeks a Grants Manager for the anticipated USAID-funded project in Rwanda. The purpose of the project will be to facilitate the emergence of a dynamic off-farm sector that can generate more and higher wage employment for the broad majority of Rwandans currently engaged in subsistence agriculture and other marginal economic activities. The activity will achieve this by alleviating constraints to entrepreneurship, in particular but not exclusively, constraints to finance.
- Oversees overall grants administration, compliance and implementation procedures, and ensures compliance with USAID and Palladium grants and procurement regulations
- Conducts grants solicitation and advertisements; designs and prepares grant review guidelines for evaluators, including scoring formats; convenes grant committee meetings, leads negotiations with applicants, and prepares the memorandum of negotiations and responsibility determination statement; awards and executes
- Drafts grants manual and related program documents
- Develops and implements a grant tracking system to ensure the timely and correct execution of all grant agreements
- Collaborates with technical and M&E teams as required
- Master's degree in business, finance, economics, or any other relevant field. Or Bachelor degree with at least 10 years of experience in business, finance, accounting, or any other relevant field can be substituted for an advanced degree
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience managing grants for donor organizations. Experience with USAID grants management system highly preferred
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills, including the ability to manage large budgets and client expectations
- Fluency in Kinyarwanda and English; French is desirable