HMIS Senior Advisor - Zambia Evidence for Health
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RolePalladium seeks an HMIS Senior Advisor to support an anticipated five-year, USAID-funded project in Zambia intended to strengthen the national HMIS system, improve monitoring and evaluation and research capacities, and expand the evidence-base for existing approaches to health programming. The HMIS Senior Advisor directly reports to the DCOP in activity implementation and management. The Advisor will provide technical, strategic advice and programmatic direction for the development and implementation of HMIS aspects of the activity, for optimizing the generation, identification, collection, processing, storage, and dissemination of quality data and strategic information. The expert technical advice provided will be used by the COP to support the technical assistance, and political direction provided by the activity to key government and non-government partners.
- A Master's degree in information science, data science, public health, statistics, health informatics, or a related field
- At least 8 years of experience in working with information systems management and design in the health field for USG-funded projects or other internationally funded programs
- At least 4 years of experience at a managerial or advisor level, providing guidance and supervision in implementation of strategies or methods
- USAID experience preferable
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English, including evidence of quality report writing and presentations
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines with quality products
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills