HR & Recruitment Officer - Pacific Labour Facility (PLF), Brisbane
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RoleThe Pacific Labour Scheme and the Seasonal Worker Program are two employment programs sponsored by the Australian government, which allow citizens of Pacific Countries to take up low and semi-skilled work opportunities with Australian employers in certain locations and industries.
The Pacific Labour Facility (PLF) facilitates the connection of Australian employers with Pacific workers for both these programs. The facility also provides continuous support to Pacific workers who are taking part in the programs. The PLF will act as trusted intermediary in connecting Australian employers with Pacific workers and in its partnerships with Pacific countries, the private sector and other stakeholders. The PLF is managed by Palladium on behalf of the Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade (DFAT).
The HR & Recruitment Officer will be based in Brisbane and provide support to the Operations Manager on all aspects of HR and Recruitment for the project.
Under the direction of the Operations Manager, the HR and Recruitment Officer will:
- Oversee all aspects of PLF program human resources in line with Palladium guidelines, DFAT policy, and Australian Employment Law;
- Develop and regularly update program specific HR guidelines and business processes in line with the strategic goals of the program;
- Coordinate with Operations Manager in developing a personnel budget;
- Establish and lead PLF recruitment processes;
- Ensure the quality and compliance of staff on-boarding, performance management, leave management, compensation and benefit arrangement;
- Ensure all staff recruited and engaged by PLF fulfil DFAT and Palladium compliance requirements;
- Ensure all personnel HR information is updated in Palladium HR systems;
- Prepare and issue contracts of employment;
- Ensure staff are registered under the relevant insurance policy in the participating country, and have active insurance coverage throughout their contract period;
- Provide advice and recommendation to Management in terms of staffing issues;
- Oversee the visa process for short- and long-term expatriate employees, in coordination with relevant government ministries;
- Maintain up to date HR files and prepare HR reports.
The HR and Recruitment Officer will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Relevant HR or business-related qualification;
- Previous experience in a HR position, in an organisation of similar size and scale;
- Strong experience managing recruitment processes, experience on bulk recruitment for project start up and on recruitment in provincial locations are an advantage;
- Proven ability in handling multiple tasks effectively under heavy time and work pressure;
- Proven ability to plan and manage schedules, files/database and working materials as well as to keep confidentiality of documents and information;
- Strong interpersonal skills, including in a cross-cultural context;
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).
Applicants must have full permanent work rights for Australia as no visa sponorship will be provided. Candidates who are willing to relocate for the position must do so at their own expense as no relocation package is available.