HR Manager (Maternity Cover) - HSOT - London
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
The primary purpose of this role is to provide HR advice and leadership to the leadership team and external clients. This is a 1-year maternity cover with a specific focus on supporting with ER matters and behavioural strategies. The role would suit someone with some experience within the public sector in the UK, as well as private sector business practice. The suitable applicant will have strong UK employment and contractor management experience, including leading on legal matters.
- HR generalist support to the core business, specialising in ER and UK Employment;
- Working in partnership with other departments, including support to the programme leadership;
- Implementation of IR35 legislation and of payroll processes;
- Produce and present data in clear reports and presentations;
- Management of performance based annual reviews;
- Management of HRIS systems and HR processes;
- Leading and advising on all ER Matters;
- Leading and advising on all legal matters and associated risk.
- The role will be responsible for line management of the Talent Team;
- The role will be required to liaise closely with Palladium corporate HR and Talent teams;
- The role will be a member of leadership team, promoting collaboration across HSOT;
- Promote learning and knowledge sharing across the team.
- The role will be required to manage, analyse and make sound recommendations;
- Outstanding interpersonal and presentation skills;
- Ability to build and forge strong working relationships and influence key stakeholders;
- Resilience and the ability to innovate, using new ways to approach difficult situations;
- Strong coaching and leadership skills;
- Commercially minded with a business focus on deliverables for the end client;
- Ability to prioritise work coming from several sources and still work to deadlines;
- Ability to instigate change and improve practices and procedures;
- The ability to handle confidential matters and execute sound judgement;