Health Financing Specialist, Philippines ProtectHealth
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
USAID's Health Equity and Financial Protection Platform (also known as ProtectHealth), in collaboration with other USAID projects, will support the Government of the Philippines (GPH) to enhance access and financing to meet key family planning (FP) and tuberculosis (TB) outcomes while realizing its goal of achieving Universal Health Care. ProtectHealth will specifically support GPH's implementation of the UHC Law by addressing policy and institutional bottlenecks within the health financing system.
The ProtectHealth project will provide technical assistance (TA) to enable the GPH to rapidly and effectively implement reforms mandated by the UHC Law. Specifically, ProtectHealth will enable key reforms and improvements in the sustainable financing of TB and FP, as well as the utilization and financial protection achieved in these health areas, by convening decision-makers at critical points in the policy process.
The Health Financing Specialist will work closely with the Department of Health (DOH) and Philippine Health Insurance Corporation (PhilHealth), in providing technical assistance on health financing issues. His/her scope will include but is not limited to:
- Providing technical support to project advisors and other specialists on various health financing issues, which can include but are not limited to the redesign of the TB and FP services and benefit packages, identification of sustainable financing mechanisms for TB and FP under UHC Law, among others;
- Working with the research, monitoring, evaluation and learning (RMELFA) team on identifying, tracking and analysing relevant indicators for various project activities;
- Liaising with USAID implementing partners to ensure collaboration on TB and FP-related activities and ensure non-duplication of efforts
- Providing technical inputs on health financing to other project activities as necessary.
The Health Financing Specialist will work under the supervision of the DCOP/Technical Advisor for Health Financing and Strategic Purchasing and is expected to collaborate with other project staff members and consultants as necessary.
- Advanced degree in Economics, Health Economics, Public Health, or related disciplines.
- At least six (6) years of relevant experience in health financing. Specific experience on TB, FP & MNH is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of Philippine TB and FP programs and financing desirable. Previous experience working with DOH and PhilHealth will be an advantage.
- High level analytical skills to guide program activities in dynamic and complex settings, with an ability to operate flexibly, adaptively and in a politically smart manner.
- Effective communication skills, excellent writing skills and demonstrated ability to produce high quality reports and program technical deliverables in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated proficiency in client management and coordination with multiple stakeholders and ability to engage in a sensitive and political astute manner.
- Fluency in English.
Eligible candidates meeting the required qualifications and experience should send a detailed cover letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV) to: HEFPP.Jobs@thepalladiumgroup.com. The email must specify the position applied for in the subject/title.
Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.