Health Information Systems (HIS) Advisor - Dem Rep of Congo Int Health Project
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RolePalladium is seeking candidates for a Health Information Systems (HIS) Advisor to develop standards for health information systems for an upcoming USAID-funded bid, Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) Integrated Health Project (IHP).
- Provide technical assistance to subnational health teams to develop standards for health information systems including indicators, data sources and data quality
- Provide technical assistance to subnational health teams on developing information products and using information for decision-making
- Participate in health M&E technical working groups and DHIS2 meetings
- Provide technical assistance on strengthening the community based health information system including supporting partners to define information needs, indicators, data sources, data management and to use the information collected to make decisions at the CBO, community and facility level.
- Provide technical assistance on governance around integrated community health information into the larger health information system including standardizing indicators and their definitions.
- Conduct formative research on referral systems, M&E systems, organizational linkages, data quality, feasibility of mHealth solutions for MERL and others as deemed necessary by the prime or donor.
- Provide technical assistance to strengthen disease surveillance including implementing mobile solutions for reporting and tracking cases.
- Support coordination of M&E efforts at provincial, district and community level.
- Minimum of a Master?s degree in public health, monitoring and evaluation, or health information systems preferred
- Minimum of five years of experience in health M&E systems strengthening, including data collection, data management, data quality, and data use, including working with local governments in these areas.
- Background in the design and management of health information systems with specific skills in designing subnational M&E systems, capacity building in M&E and M&E system assessments.
- Strong understanding of public health and health information systems in DRC
- Experience working with and analyzing complex data systems and providing innovative solutions
- Knowledge of mHealth solutions for MERL
- Work well under moderate pressure and skilled in trouble shooting, crisis management, and problem solving
- Strong interpersonal, writing, and oral presentation skills in French
- Fluency in spoken and written French required