IT & Data Management Officer, Pacific Labour Facility (PLF), Brisbane
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
The Pacific Labour Scheme and the Seasonal Worker Program are two employment programs sponsored by the Australian government, which allow citizens of Pacific Countries to take up low and semi-skilled work opportunities with Australian employers in certain locations and industries.
The Pacific Labour Facility (PLF) facilitates the connection of Australian employers with Pacific workers for both these programs. The facility also provides continuous support to Pacific workers who are taking part in the programs. The PLF will act as trusted intermediary in connecting Australian employers with Pacific workers and in its partnerships with Pacific countries, the private sector and other stakeholders. The PLF is managed by Palladium on behalf of the Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade (DFAT).
The PLF is currently recrutiing for the position of IT & Data Management Officer. This position will support the Operations Manager in all IT systems and hardware used to assist in the delivery of Pacific Labour Facility program (PLF). They will also be responsible for keeping data management systems accurate and up to date.
Under the direction of the Operations Manager the IT Systems and Data Officer will:
- Ensure the proper operation and functioning of project Sharepoint, including backup of data and files;
- PC and software set-up, including new user account registration and network access configuration;
- Create procedural documentation and network mapping as required;
- Maintain system capability by testing computer components;
- Ensure client confidence and protecting operations by keeping information confidential at all times;
- Support for the collection, storage, analysis and reporting of program data, including employer information, employee information, and pipeline information;
- Support and provide information for third party provider in the development of an MIS framework;
- Utilize database programs and run data queries;
- Develop and execute secure and effective data procedures;
- Maintain the integrity of data that contains Personally Identifiable Information;
- Always ensure adherence to legal standards and regulations;
- Maintain the inventory of servers such as flash drives, storage disks and other data storage devices.
In order to be successful in your application you should possess the following skills and experience:
- Prior experience working with databases, data procedures, and data administration;
- Ability to scan large volumes of data in a short time frame;
- Outstanding analytical thinking skills;
- Relevant experience in data coordination or data handling;
- Up-to-date with modern databases and technologies;
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company's success;
- Good time-management skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills, including in a cross-cultural context;
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).