IT Support Officer, Pacific Labour Facility - Brisbane
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
The Pacific Labour Scheme and the Seasonal Worker Programme are two employment programs sponsored by the Australian government, which allow citizens of Pacific Countries to take up low and semi-skilled work opportunities with Australian employers in certain locations and industries.
The Pacific Labour Facility (PLF) facilitates the connection of Australian employers with Pacific workers for both these programs. The facility also provides continuous support to Pacific workers who are taking part in the programs. The PLF will act as a trusted intermediary in connecting Australian employers with Pacific workers and in its partnerships with Pacific countries, the private sector and other stakeholders. The PLF is managed by Palladium on behalf of the Department of Foreign Affairs &Trade (DFAT).
The IT Support Officer
will maintain and operate the IT systems required to support the operations of the Pacific Labour Facility (PLF). Their role encompasses maintenance and support in regard to PLF's underpinning software and hardware, as well as maintaining the integrity, usability and usefulness of the data therein.
Under the direction of the MIS Manager,
the IT Support Officer
- Ensure the proper operation and functioning of project Sharepoint, including backup of data and files
- Ensure performance and uptime targets are met across all PLF systems
- Engage with the MIS Manager to undertake long-term planning activities such as product roadmaps. Similarly, the IT Support Officer will maintain and continuously re-evaluate product backlogs
- Continuously monitor disaster recovery measures (e.g. regular backups of operational data)
- PC and software set-up, including new user account registration and network access configuration
- Conduct user research such as stakeholder interviews and surveys to provide a continuous stream of user needs, thus enabling user-centric product and service design. Distil user needs into user stories for the consumption of developers
- Create procedural documentation and network mapping as required for both current-state and prospective future-state scenarios
- Support for the collection, storage, analysis and reporting of program data, including employer information, employee information, and pipeline information
- Support and provide information for third party providers in the development of an MIS framework
- Other data collection and coordination as required
- Utilise database programs and run data queries
- Develop and execute secure and effective data procedures
- Maintain the integrity of data that contains Personally Identifiable Information
- Always ensure adherence to legal standards and regulations
- Maintain the inventory of servers such as flash drives, storage disks and other data storage devices.
The IT Support Officer
will possess the following qualifications and experience:
You must have valid Australian work rights to apply for this role. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Qualification in Computer Science or relevant field
- Up to 5 years of experience working with databases, data procedures, and data administration
- Proven ability to plan and manage schedules, files/database and working materials as well as to keep confidentiality of documents and information
- A willingness to support work outside of the direct scope of data and systems; to support any and all aspects of PLF as the technical enabler
- Strong interpersonal skills, including in a cross-cultural context
- A comprehensive understanding of Australian and international privacy laws and data and network security regulations; a good working knowledge of what can and cannot be done with sensitive data.