Industry Compliance & Process Manager - Pacific Labour Facility (PLF), Brisbane
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RoleProject
The Pacific Labour Scheme and the Seasonal Worker Program are two employment programs sponsored by the Australian government, which allow citizens of Pacific Countries to take up low and semi-skilled work opportunities with Australian employers in certain locations and industries.
The Pacific Labour Facility (PLF) facilitates the connection of Australian employers with Pacific workers for both these programs. The facility also provides continuous support to Pacific workers who are taking part in the programs. The PLF will act as trusted intermediary in connecting Australian employers with Pacific workers and in its partnerships with Pacific countries, the private sector and other stakeholders. The PLF is managed by Palladium on behalf of the Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade (DFAT).
The PLF will recruit multiple Industry Compliance and Process Officers over the coming months, with one position required as soon as possible. This role will work with our Labour Market Demand Lead and our Industry Marketing Coordinators, in assessing the eligibility of employers who are interested in participating in the Pacific Labour Scheme.
The Industry Compliance and Process Officers will comprehensively assess the employer for legal, financial or operational risks that their participation in the Scheme could create for the Commonwealth, Pacific workers or the employer itself, through:
- Performing background checks on potential employers across multiple areas and monitor ongoing employers' compliance with the relevant regulatory and policy requirements;
- Carrying out quality assurance and risk management processes to accredit prospective employers to participate in the PLS;
- Conducting financial solvency checks and reviewing the employer's audited accounts to assess the solvency and liquidity of the employer;
- Conducting reputational checks on the entity, its directors and key employees;
- Assisting employers with assistance throughout the application process;
- Assist Industry Marketing Coordinators with all necessary administrative duties, such as recruitment plans, site visits and general compliance;
- Regularly review and update formal application and assessment processes to facilitate employers' entry into the Scheme and their recruitment of workers;
- Contribute to strict vetting and selection of employers through employer site visits and subsequent reporting to the LMD Lead;
- Maintain accurate records of all compliance findings and activities;
- Prepare reports on all compliance activities and contribute to formal Approved Employer recommendations to DFAT;
- Other tasks as reasonably requested by the LMD Lead and Marketing Coordinators.
In order to be successful in your application you should possess the following:
- Qualifications in Economics, Finance, Accounting or other relevant qualification and/or experience;
- Strong understanding and practical experience of audit, compliance and risk analysis in a business/corporate environment;
- Excellent customer/client relationship management;
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience in stakeholder engagement,
- Prior experience in international or government relations.