Industry Marketing Coordinator, Pacific Labour Facility (PLF), Brisbane
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
The Pacific Labour Scheme and the Seasonal Worker Programme are two employment programs sponsored by the Australian government, which allow citizens of Pacific Countries to take up low and semi-skilled work opportunities with Australian employers in certain locations and industries.
The Pacific Labour Facility (PLF) facilitates the connection of Australian employers with Pacific workers for both these programs. The facility also provides continuous support to Pacific workers who are taking part in the programs. The PLF will act as a trusted intermediary in connecting Australian employers with Pacific workers and in its partnerships with Pacific countries, the private sector and other stakeholders. The PLF is managed by Palladium on behalf of the Department of Foreign Affairs &Trade (DFAT).
The Industry Marketing Coordinator
will be responsible for promotional activities to enhance awareness amongst Australian industries, its sectors and employers, of Pacific Labour Mobility programs, stimulating demand for Pacific workers longer-term.
Under the direction of the Labour Mobility Demand Lead the Industry Marketing Coordinator
- Undertaking all activities associated with Industries not covered by Industry specific Coordinators including supporting the activities across industries where Industry Marketing Consultants have Short Term Adviser inputs.
- Coordinate and implement promotional and educational activities to increase the awareness and demand for Pacific workers required by Australian employers.
- Assist with developing and undertaking outreach in each State and Territory to build demand for Pacific labour mobility and proactively manage risks of displacement of Australian job seekers, particularly young and unemployed Australians.
- Design and implement activities to enhance awareness amongst eligible employers of Pacific workers (activities may also include the facilitation of the placement of workers with employers, and to ensure that those employers who are deemed of high quality continue to employ Pacific workers).
- Encourage AEs to actively contribute to annual planning, monitoring, reflection and learning to ensure that the PLS and SWP meet employer needs, transaction costs are minimised, and good practice employment and safety standards are maintained throughout the Pacific labour mobility system.
- Take a proactive approach though innovative practices to promoting the PLS among industries, sectors and potential employers in order to create and expand a pool of quality, approved employers.
- Contribute and utilise social and traditional media to promote the opportunity to employ Pacific workers and share positive stories from existing employers, who will be a key resource in building private sector and community interest in and support for the program.
The key aspects of their role would be:
- Contribute to the development of an agreed strategy for relevant industries in collaboration with the other Marketing Coordinators, Industry Marketing Consultants and the LMD Lead.
- Engage initially with national organisations of the industries of responsibility to explain the program and develop a strategy to promote the PLS to their constituency.
- Contribute to strict vetting and selection of employers through employer site visits and subsequent reporting.
- Contribute to strengthening Government, private sector and civil society partnerships on Pacific labour mobility.
- Maintain accurate records of all marketing activities and contact lists.
- Prepare progress reports on all activities.
- Travel locally and internationally as required.
- Other tasks as reasonably requested by the LMD Lead.
The Industry Marketing Coordinator
will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- 5 - 10 years' experience in business development, project management, International and Government relations [i.e. can build effective relationships with the Australian counterparts across the public and private sector and stakeholder engagement
- Demonstrated experience in establishing connections and strong networks across a range of industries and business community
- Brings (or will develop) a strong understanding of labour mobility in the Pacific and its challenges
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal
- Driver's license and willingness to drive to regional locations
- Flexibility to undertake frequent travel, including after hours and weekends.
- Relevant qualification in Marketing, Communications, International relations or a similar discipline (Desirable but not essential)
Candidates must have the right to work in Australia.