Information System Support Specialist, Human Resources Information Systems HRIS
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RolePosition Summary
Palladium is seeking an Information Systems Support Specialist
to join the USAID-funded Human Resources for Health 2030 (HRH2030) project in Philippines. HRH2030 is a global project that aims to: 1) increase performance and productivity of the health workforce, 2) increase the number, composition of skills, and competence of health personnel, 3) strengthen HRH and Health Systems Strengthening (HSS) leadership and governance capacity, and 4) increase the sustainability of investments in health personnel. HRH2030 is managed by Chemonics; partners of the HRH2030 consortium include: Palladium, URC, Thinkwell, AIHA, AMREF, and Open Development.
HRH2030 in Philippines will provide capacity-building to the Department of Health to strengthen the deployment, training, and management of a fit-for-purpose and fit-for-practice health workforce to improve access to and quality of family planning (FP), maternal and child health (MCH), and tuberculosis (TB) services for vulnerable populations. The Information System Support Specialist
will support the HRIS Lead to achieve Objective 3: To improve the use of data for human resource for health decision making at central and regional levels. This objective will seek to advance the capacity and functionality of the HRIS and improve data quality, as well as support planning for the National Health Workforce Account (NHWA) reporting. The Information System Support Specialist will support the harmonization of HR information systems, with a focus on helping to standardize data and harmonize systems to enable data sharing. The Support Specialist will provide technical support for these efforts, as well as assisting with stakeholder engagement, workshop planning, and reporting. The Information System Support Specialist will be part of the Chemonics-led HRH2030 Philippines team, and on a day-to-day basis report to the HRIS Lead and ultimately to the Project Director.Location for this position is primarily Manila, Philippines but may involve travels to other regions. Only local candidates with current eligibility to work in the Philippines will be considered.
ResponsibilitiesKey Responsibilities will include but not limited to
- Provide technical support and administrative support to the HRIS Lead and Project Director
- In conjunction with the HRIS Lead, collaborate with the Department of Health (DOH) and HRH Network in implementing NHWA in the Philippines by identifying data sources, defining data standards and sharing guidelines for data sharing
- Working with the DOH, support the requirements definition, design, and testing of a Training Information Management System for health workers
- Assist the HRIS Lead with managing stakeholder expectations, navigating the relationships between stakeholders such as DOH, KMITS, PSA, PhilHealth, CHED, PRC, and other HRH Network members
- Support the strengthening of HRIS systems to assure data quality and integrity
- Support the facilitation, documentation and preparation of workshops, trainings and meetings
- Support the generation of HRH reports and data visualizations
- Contribute to annual, quarterly and weekly project reporting as well as ad-hoc requests
- Respond to occasional questions/requests that can be reasonably accommodated alongside other HRH2030 duties
- Other duties as assigned
- Degree in Data Science, Data Analytics, Health Informatics, Health Information Systems, or equivalent (relevant experience may be substituted)
- 2-3 years of experience working with data and providing support in the implementation of information systems solutions.
- 1-2 years of experience working with directly with stakeholders in the development of information systems, including but not limited to gathering requirements for system design and reports
- Experience interacting with the Department of Health at the national level; engagement with additional government stakeholders preferred
- Experience with heath information systems, and/or human resources information systems highly desirable
- Experience in conducting workshops and trainings in the public sector preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders having a wide range of professional backgrounds to identify needs, evaluate alternative approaches /solutions and convey findings
- Experience working on a team for a donor-supported project is desired
- Ability to prioritize and efficiently manage multiple workstreams
- Candidate must have excellent written and spoken English
Eligible candidates meeting the required qualifications and experience should send applications with detailed cover letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV). The cover letter must clearly outline how work and educational experience matches each of the responsibilities and qualifications above. Submit application to: HRH2030@thepalladiumgroup.com
. The deadline for applications is 4 October 2019. Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.