Instructional Leadership Consultant
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
INOVASI is managed by Palladium on behalf of DFAT, and formally started on 18 January 2016. INOVASI is an ambitious four-year (with the possibility of an extension for another four), AUD 49 million program. It will collaborate closely with the GOI at the district, provincial and national level to develop and implement action-oriented research and experiments to answer the broad question: ?What works to improve student learning outcomes in Indonesia?? It will focus on three sub-topics of investigation:
1)The quality of teaching in the classroom,
2)The quality of support for teachers,
3)Learning for all.
ResponsibilitiesPurpose of the Position: Working closely with the Education Manager and Team, the Instructional Leadership Consultant will:
1)Conduct a quick review of potential instructional leadership models at primary school level in Indonesia that have already been implemented by other organisations/institutions and
2)Recommend one appropriate model for INOVASI to support and
3)Prepare a detailed implementation plan for the roll out of the pilot in 2 districts in NTB starting in July 2017.
Duties: Under the direction of the INOVASI Education Manager and Education Specialist (2) , the Consultant will take the lead in carrying out the specific duties listed in the attachment. The inputs available to assist the Consultant and number of days each task is anticipated to take are also summarized.
Please see the attachment here.
RequirementsQualifications and Experience: The Instructional Leadership Consultant will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Postgraduate academic qualifications relevant to the scope of services outlined above.
- A minimum of eight years? experience in teaching or managing at primary school level, preferably within Indonesia.
- Prior experience working in education development programs.
- A good understanding of regulatory frameworks related to school leadership and management in Indonesia.
- An in-depth understanding of issues faced by teachers and managers within Indonesia in trying to ensure learning for all at primary school level. .
- Demonstrated ability to write high quality reports (through providing at least two samples of similar, previous reports produced).
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results to specified deadlines and quality standards.
- Fluency in English preferred.
- Ability in Indonesian an advantage.