Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RolePalladium seeks a Knowledge Manager for its Support to the Jogorku Kenesh (S2JK) under DFID-funded Governance in Action (GiA) programme.
S2KP has a duration of four years. Implemented by Palladium and funded by DFID, it will use politically smart and adaptive programming to promote inclusive economic growth in Kyrgyzstan. Palladium will work with the Kyrgyz Parliament, non-state actors, and Government to address the collective action problems that constrain inclusive economic growth.
Expected results of the programme are strengthened parliamentary systems and capacity, and more constructive engagement between non-state actors and the state on issues of policy, planning and budgeting related to inclusive growth.
The Knowledge Manager (KM) acts as the glue binding components 1 and 3 of the program - the parliament and non-state actors sides - and will be the face of GiA/S2JK learning and program success to internal and external audiences.
ResponsibilitiesThe KM will work with Deputy Team Leader to develop S2JK program strategy and to make sure activity in components 1 and 3 is in line with programme strategy, lessons learned and current assessments of operating environment as well as communicating program learning to partners, donor community and others. The KM will do this by producing and updating analytical work products that will inform programming. The KM will do this under the supervision of the Deputy Team Leader and in close cooperation with core staff in Bishkek, particularly managers of components 1 and 3, and with Palladium London, including the Technical Manager and Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Advisor.
- Support the leadership team in developing overall program strategy that builds capacity of partners, identifies and researches causal pathways and follows implementation closely. KM will work closely with component 1 and 3 managers to build coherent programme that fulfills donor mandates, assists Kyrgyz actors and adheres to Palladium technical requirements.
- Work with the Deputy Team Leader to ensure the program is at the cutting edge of exciting and innovative programming, including theory of change, political economy analysis, adaptive management and actor-based behavioural change.
- Support project team members with operational guidance, oversight and quality assurance for all project activities, outputs and deliverables; curate knowledge with goal of updating databases so they remain current, aligned with program needs and indicative of the project's innovative approach.
- Support Deputy Team Leader in coordinating, managing and directing adaptive management sessions with program staff on weekly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Conduct/commission research and analytical work on parliamentary functioning and non-state sectors.
- Work with Deputy Team Leader and component managers to draft TORs for local and international experts for research and analytical products.
- In discussion with Deputy Team Leader, produce, contribute to and/or commission program communications through various media, including press releases, success stories, video blogs, website content and academic publications.
- Support TL in organizing and coordinating the work of S2JK's Programme Advisory Board, composed of partners, local experts and other DFID-funded organizations, which will review and provide feedback on strategic documents.
- Work with M&E manager to make sure correct data is being collected and reported on; and adapt M&E data for internal and external audiences, including lessons learned, success stories, casual pathways and value chain explanation. Deliver presentations on S2JK program that explain programme logic, capture success and discuss lessons learned.
- At least 5 years working with Kyrgyz non-state actors such as business associations; and/or work with elected politicians and local officials to foster engagement and interaction with citizens.
- A total of at least 3 years'relevant experience. Relevant experience includes analytical work reporting on donor programs to strengthen responsive government. in the Kyrgyz Republic.
- Experience curating information for database, website content, lessons learned and best practices.
- Fluency in Kyrgyz, Russian and English.
- Production of programme communication materials for external audiences. Facility with social media.
- Word, Excel.
- Bachelor's Degree in Economics, International Development, Public Administration.
- Excellent English language writing skills. (Please provide 1-5 page writing sample)
- Experience working with DFID; adaptive programming frameworks, theories of change.
- Experience working in knowledge management for government, private sector or donor-funded organization.
- Strong understanding of economic and social constraints to growth in Kyrgyzstan; familiarization with leading specialists in economic sectors and with leading donors organizations producing information about economic development in Kyrgyzstan.
- Understanding of adaptive management and actor-based behavioural change methodologies as well as political economy analysis.
- Master's Degree in Economics, International Development, Public Administration.