Learning & Skills Development Director - Jordan Creating Economic and Employment
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RolePalladium seeks a Learning and Skills Development Director for the anticipated USAID-funded Jordan Creating Economic and Employment Opportunities through Partnerships (CEEO). The goal of CEEO is to create a competitive, demand-driven workforce development system that leads to increased private sector employment, especially for women, youth and vulnerable groups. The focus will be on establishing partnerships with the private sector, working with various educational institutions, and alignment with the Jordan Compact workforce priorities. Two key areas of the project will be:
- Promoting economic opportunities with high strong employment generation potential
- Promoting business partnerships related to investment and job creation
- Liaises with vocational/training institutes and/or other training and educational providers for developing tailored training programs
- Facilitates curriculum development, training of trainers and skills training for target beneficiaries including vulnerable groups
- Provides technical guidance and support on training curricular
- Create improved VTE curricula that addresses improved hard and soft skills, strengthen work ethic, and address gender stereotypes
- Advanced degree in education, workforce development, human resources, or related field
- Prior experience designing and implementing VTE curricula and technical education
- Experience working on women, youth and vulnerable population inclusion
- Fluency in Arabic and English required