Legal Manager - London
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
Palladium is searching for a Legal Manager to perform a key role in supporting the legal, contractual and compliance considerations of business development, programme and corporate activities.
This role is a fantastic opportunity for a professional with experience in the areas of Contract Law and Company Law as well as related areas such as Intellectual Property and Taxation to develop their expertise in a growing team working on a varied range of challenges and to contribute to our mission of delivering Positive Impact.
The Legal Manager serves as part of the Legal Team providing support and assistance to the EMEA business including advising on, negotiating, interpreting, applying and ensuring compliance with contractual obligations, company policies, and client rules and regulations. An important aspect of the position is the training of the business's project managers to provide them with the skill set required to prepare, assess and negotiate commercial agreements. The position also contributes to the development of policies, processes and procedures that align with best practices in the areas covered by the Legal Team. Note that only a minor part of the work of the team involves UK laws and jurisdiction as Palladium's business involves projects across many countries.
The primary responsibilities of the Legal Manager (EMEA) are:
- Contracting and project procurement.
- Partner engagement and client relationship management.
- Assisting the business to meet all client, statutory and regulatory compliance requirements relating to its business.
- Corporate governance including management of the maintenance of EMEA's companies around the world.
- Advice and assistance with business capture and business development.
- Knowledge management and process improvement.
- A relevant academic qualification, LLB or JD strongly preferred.
- Good experience in commercial legal practice, particularly in the areas of contract law and company law.
- Exposure to contracts and/or compliance support with DFID, EU, or other donor client(s) would be well regarded.
- Some work experience in a developing country or similar environment would be an advantage but is not necessary.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong focus on legal systems, impact, and results.
- Willingness to deliver training to diverse audiences.
- Sound problem solving and decision-making skills; Ability to prioritise and multi-task.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Willingness to travel if required.
- The ability to pursue, adapt, and lead change, and demonstrate flexibility in response to changing business environments.
- The ability to see the bigger picture and affect business drivers through decisions and actions, and the ability to contribute to the long-term profitability and growth of the organisation.
- Developing and using collaborative relationships.
- Ownership of learning and striving to develop own knowledge and capabilities to support the organisation's success.
- The ability to see how an individual fits into Palladium, impact of individual actions on bottom line and effectively manage resources.