MONITORING AND EVALUATION (M&E) ASSOCIATE- MOLDOVA
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
The objective of the D4I Project is to increase capacity for rigorous evaluation. Increased capacity for evaluation is achieved when policymakers and program implementer in USAID's priority countries increase their use of data to inform policies and programs. We will achieve that objective through a set of activities and strategic approaches that will generate strong evidence for policies and programs, build individual and organizational capacity, and facilitate the use of data. The result will be a mutually reinforcing process of improved information generation, data analysis, and use to inform policies and programs. The primary objectives for the D4I project in Moldova will be to Enact an effective case management system for the Moldovan child protection sector & ensure Moldova's child protection sector M&E system is equipped with a full set of comprehensive indicators for data collection and decision making.
Palladium is currently seeking a M&E Associate to support its work through D4I in Moldova over a period of three years. In the first year of the D4I project, there will be two main areas of work:
1) development and piloting of a longitudinal case management information system; and
2) capacity strengthening activities including indicator development, data quality and use of information, and governance of the care reform sector as it pertains to use of data for decision making.
The M&E Associate is a full-time position. The Associate will provide ongoing technical assistance, mentoring and implementation support particularly in the second area of work mentioned above.Reports to:
9 Months (With extension availability to 2022 - contingent upon client funding)Location:
Chisinau, Moldova Key responsibilities:
- Provide training and follow-up support to community social workers and relevant municipal and rayon staff from social assistance and family protection directorates for the piloting of routine monitoring indicators for alternative care of children in three rayons and Chisinau municipality
- Support the development of case management performance indicators and indicators on violence against children. Mapping, identification and drafting of indicator reference sheets, based on consultations with key stakeholders
- Provide on-the-job mentoring to the National Social Work Agency (the M&E Associate will be co-located in the Agency) to strengthen its capacity to provide supportive supervision for data review meetings at municipal/rayon level with respect to M&E; contribute to the development of an induction guide for new staff members and supportive supervision guidelines
- Map the M&E structures and related staffing of municipal/rayon social assistance and family protection directorates
- Support the training of municipal/rayon social assistance and family protection directorates and SAPPs in data demand and data use
- Bachelor's degree in social sciences (social assistance, sociology, psychology, public health, economics, law); Master's degree in one of the areas above will be an asset
- Knowledge of Moldovan child protection policies, legislation and institutional framework; knowledge of case management procedures and practices will be an asset
- Preferably 7 but a minimum of 5 years of professional experience at the national level working with high-level stakeholders, such as ministries and governmental agencies
- Preferably 7 but a minimum of 5 years' experience in monitoring & evaluation, including indicator development, data analysis and data use for decision making, training;
- Demonstrated experience in conducting capacity building activities (training, mentorship, etc.) to government staff and/or rayon social assistance and family protection directorates, preferably in the area of M&E;
- Demonstrated expertise in group facilitation, with presentation skills;
- Legal permission to work in Moldova
- Ability to travel in Moldova (around 40% of time)
- Excellent command of written and spoken Romanian, Russian and English
- Computer literacy