Manager, Commercial Consulting - New York
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development, and delivery of Positive Impact solutions - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value through the alignment of business and social and environmental goals. Our Commercial Innovation practice, based out of New York, draws on the strength and breadth of Palladium's international development experience to develop and deliver a wide range of consulting services to corporations, non-profits, and government agencies.
We're looking for a highly entrepreneurial Manager with experience in consulting delivery and B2B sales to join the Commercial Innovation practice. The Manager will work with a highly-collaborative team to determine new opportunities to expand Palladium's value proposition with clients, utilizing our global network of subject matter experts in key sectors and practice areas. S/he will take a leadership role in generating new project approaches and intellectual property for Palladium. S/he will also deliver on client engagements, identifying their strategic goals and developing project plans to execute on those priorities. S/he will manage client relationships, by monitoring and directing the workflow of strategic consulting projects. S/he will gain exposure to a diverse set of clients, project roles, industries, and issue areas, helping organizations all over the world meet their strategic goals. S/he will also guide junior staff in developing core consulting skills to grow Palladium's Commercial Innovation practice.
The primary responsibilities of the Manager (Palladium - Americas) will vary depending on the client and issues at play, but some include:
- Manage the development, delivery, and execution of strategy consulting engagements; demonstrate strong content expertise with clients; ensure project is delivered on-time and at margin targets, meeting client expectations and delivering on results
- Establish and manage relationships with client leadership and executives; become a trusted advisor with project sponsors; build a broad network of contacts
- Customize service offerings with prospective clients; identify new leads and opportunities using your extended network and content knowledge; plan, execute, and manage pursuits to win new business
- Lead creation of business development materials, including proposals, thought leadership articles, and relevant case studies
- Support event planning for quarterly gatherings with prospective clients
- Guide junior staff on technical skill development; play an active role in our practice strategy discussions; mentor colleagues across the practice and International Development practice
- Develop and capture new intellectual property and lessons learned; deliver public training courses as needed
- Relevant business experience, preferably in strategy consulting or equivalent multi-client consulting environment from a top firm
- Balanced skills in general problem solving, concept development, project management, and facilitation
- Experience leading teams in the delivery of consulting services
- Experience in business development and B2B sales is preferred
- Willingness to travel domestically and/or internationally
- Fluency in English and Spanish
Key competencies required
- Strong analytical skills, comfort working with unstructured and at times ambiguous approaches to problem solving
- Intuitive ability to incorporate disparate ideas into simple but effective concepts
- Outstanding facilitation skills, memorable in-person presentation abilities
- Strong team player, with the ability to work effectively and manage teams with diverse work styles and personalities
- Strong ability to form trusted and effective partnering relationships with clients
- Results driven, persistent, and persuasive
- Self-starter/pro-active, strong entrepreneurial spirit
- Flexible to changing priorities
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to see the "big picture"
- Expertise / experience in Food & Agriculture and/or Tourism/Hospitality a bonus