Manager, Corporate Compliance
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
The Manager, Corporate Compliance reports to the Chief of Compliance and Contract Administration and serves as a key member of the Americas Contracts and Compliance team providing consultation and advice to the business to ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements. The role will manage corporate compliance for various global entities, including registration, appropriate filings and reporting and will serve as the primary authority for coordinating and analyzing international legal advice related to compliance with employment laws and practices. The role coordinates an international network of contracted legal firms in addressing various legal challenges in coordination with the Office of the General Counsel.
ResponsibilitiesCompliance, corporate governance, and corporate support
Labor and Employment
- Create brief compliance profiles for new and ongoing projects for reference and guidance of Project Management and update them as necessary.
- Assess country registration requirements on an as needed basis, determining the most appropriate form of registration for internal approval, and subsequently coordinate with other corporate services to accomplish registration.
- Ensure that in-country registrations are up to date and in compliance with company policy.
- Coordinate and assist in legal case management for all overseas projects in coordination with the General Counsel's office.
- Ensure the completeness and accuracy of SharePoint repository of all Contracts and Compliance material including contractual documents for the purpose of audits and senior leadership reporting.
- Support the roll-out, training, and implementation of revised processes, policies, templates and other guidance documents.
- Support review and negotiation of real property leasing agreements.
- Research, procure and present legal advice in regard to compliance with employment and other laws in the countries of performance for all projects.
- Draft and maintain up to date local and international employment agreement templates.
- Draft and maintain up to date templates for professional services, consultant, and purchased labor.
Other duties as may be assigned.
- Provide support for Palladium's Commercial Innovation Practice Area, including review and negotiation of client agreements, contract briefs, and other requirements.
- Support management of practice's contracting for consultants and external vendor services.
- Support review and required approvals for Non-Disclosure Agreements as required.
The line manager for the role is the Chief of Compliance and Contract Administration. The reporting requirements include:
- Monthly updates on the status of personal Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and any other material matters and/or areas of concern.
- Provision of regular updates to the line manager;
- Provide regular or ad hoc reports as requested by the Project Delivery staff or clients.
- Inputs to the Regional Partnership quarterly reports as required.
- Attendance at all weekly and/or project management team meetings.
- Provision of exception reports as required.
- Other reporting as required by line manager.
The role is part of the Project Excellence and Compliance Division.
As delegated, the role liaises with clients, technical area specialists, project delivery teams, corporate services, professional service providers, and other stakeholders as required. Authority levels
The role carries some autonomy on contracts and compliance with regular consultation with the Chief of Compliance and Contract Administration. The role is required to:
Minimum education and experience required
- Supervise junior staff as assigned.
- Analyse and make sound recommendations to the line manager and project implementation teams.
- Contribute to policy and process improvement through innovative and cost effective proposals/ideas/suggestions.
Key competencies and professional experience required
- Legal background is strongly preferred
- International Public Law, Corporate Governance and other similar experience is desired
- Experience working with teams on large and complex projects with a high-risk profile.
- Working knowledge of international business, corporate structures, and governance; Sound understanding of international contracting, grant, and cooperative agreement regulations.
- Experience in commercial transaction, financial institution, or consulting environment desirable.
- Knowledge of contract law (i.e. Federal Acquisition Regulations) for USAID, DOS, CDC, etc. as required.
- Sound research skills and ability in interpretation of regulatory and legal requirements.
- Strong focus on systems, impact, and results.
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work with a low level of supervision and as a part of a team when required.
- Experience delivering training to diverse audiences.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Sound problem solving and decision making skills; Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- MS Office productivity tools (e.g. - Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Knowledge of SharePoint is a plus.
- Willingness to travel.