Manager, Economic Growth, Financial Innovation - Washington DC
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
To contribute to the growth of Palladium's Economic Growth practice in the area of innovative financing by managing multi-year client projects in the innovative financing space and by assuring technical excellence, contract compliance, and financial stewardship.
ResponsibilitiesLead and participate in technical assignments
Lead and support project management:
- Provide direction and guidelines to technical teams and implementing partners in the execution of short- and long-term projects and/or consultancy assignments
- Implement and manage projects through the completion of milestones and other deliverables as set out in contracts and other agreements
- Provide technical and managerial inputs, guidance and oversight to project partners, including beneficiary institutions and individuals
- Provide support to monitor and assure the quality of Palladium's services and deliverables
- Oversee appropriate monitoring, evaluation and impact assessments are executed, documented, and disseminated, as appropriate
- Contribute to research, analysis and publication of technical studies, case studies, policy and program approaches and results to demonstrate thought leadership
- Identify, build, and maintain relationships with consultants and partners who can provide technical expertise;
- Work with the Practice Area Leader to promote and deepen Palladium's technical capabilities relating to innovative financing.
Lead and support business development efforts:
- Act as Project Director (responsibility for compliance, client satisfaction, financial performance, cost efficiency, technical excellence) on assigned projects
- Support Project Directors in the performance management of Team Leader and project teams
- For assigned portfolio projects, interface with clients and other project stakeholders to plan, implement, review, and report on projects as needed/requested
- Lead or contribute to project work planning, budgeting, progress and financial reporting
- Manage partner organisations to assure their contractually compliant delivery of agreed inputs and achievement of agreed outputs and outcomes
- Identify project performance and contract issues and lead or support their timely resolution as appropriate
- Support a strategic approach to business development through conducting or management of research on issues, countries, clients, partners, and competitors and market opportunities for Palladium's economic growth practice
- Manage the development of new and maintenance of existing client relationships through interactions with clients at a technical level during the business development cycle;
- Manage the identification, assessment, and pursuit of new business opportunities
- Prepare or contribute to capability statements/expressions of interest, technical, and financial proposals
- Manage partner and team selection and pre-bid negotiations
- Manage the preparation of responses to client requests for clarifications of proposals
- Manage post-submittal follow up with clients
- Experience in international development, including familiarity with USAID and other international donors
- Experience in government or private sector client project management and business development experience that includes management of one or more projects including experience in start-up and closeout
- Proven technical excellence in the inclusive finance and impact investing field
- Financial acumen and the ability to interpret and analyse financial reports
- Formal Project Management training and experience
- Technical expertise and experience in Economic Growth, including one or more of the following:
- MSME banking and finance
- Impact Investing (including, but not limited to, social & development impact bonds);
- Payment for Results models;
- Financial Institutions and Funds Management;
- Market-based approaches, including M4P, ideally in social as well as economic sectors;
- Challenge Funds;
- DCED Standard for Results Measurement.
- Working proficiency in Spanish or French (preferred)
- Ability to conceptualize and write a bid proposal or project report