Manager, Human Resources - Washington, DC
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
The Human Resource Manager is responsible for overseeing department functions, interfacing across all levels of company, and managing employees. The Human Resources Manager (HRM) will assist the Human Resources Director (HRD) with the routine functions of the Human Resources (HR) department including hiring and interviewing staff, administering pay, training, benefits, compensation and compliance.
- Partners with the Human Resources Director and leadership team to understand and execute the organization's human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
- Provides support and guidance to HR generalists, management, and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations.
- Partners with the Talent Acquisition Team, on staffing and recruiting needs, collaborates on best practices for hiring, including compliance with the OFCCP.
- Collaborates with Global Compensation Manager to analyze trends in compensation and benefits; researches salary surveys and pay equity, as issues may arise.
- Collaborates with Global Learning and Development team on programs and initiatives that provide professional development for employees.
- Manage and oversee employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Progressive work experience in Human Resource Management.
- Experience working in a global, matrixed environment supporting employee groups of 500+
- Broad view of sensitive approach to cultural differences
- SHRM certification
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.