Manager, International Recruitment - Washington, DC
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
To manage the end-to-end recruitment process for Palladium's Health Practice Business Development. The Manager, International Recruitment will be responsible for delivering all facets of recruiting success throughout Palladium's Health Practice, conducting various recruitment activities by effectively partnering with proposal teams and hiring managers, generating and maintaining a network of senior candidates for prospective field positions, and working with independent recruitment professionals as needed. The Manager will be responsible for selection, negotiation and finalization of the contract with the candidates. The Manager will also be responsible for be responsible for sourcing, vetting, and selection (with proposal team) of candidates, as well as negotiation and finalization of the contract with the preferred candidate(s).
- Work collaboratively with proposal teams to ensure the right candidates are identified and secured for proposals;
- Provide timely and effective recruitment solutions by effectively liaising with hiring managers to ensure full understanding of their requirements, preferences and timeframes;
- Gather all the relevant information about the vacancies (job descriptions, appropriate salary bands etc.) and agree on attraction strategy, etc.;
- Advertise vacancies in such a manner as to attract quality candidates;
- Apply innovative sourcing methodologies and participate in various activities such as campus visits, job fairs, conferences etc. to generate candidate referrals and networks while also using social and professional networking sites to identify and source candidates;
- Conduct competency-based interviews and use appropriate assessment tools;
- Maintain accurate and concise candidate notes within the global ATS;
- Develop a shortlist of qualified candidates, collect all relevant documents and perform due diligence/background checks;
- Manage the hiring manager's expectations in terms of available candidates, skills, experience, ambition and culture fit;
- Provide report to hiring managers on a timely basis regarding status relating to all vacancies;
- Brief the hiring manager on shortlists with relevant documents and arrange for interviews of prospective candidates with them;
- Maintain regular contact with candidates and provide relevant and timely information and advice to enable them to make informed decisions;
- Ascertain work eligibility status of candidates;
- Negotiate, prepare letter of offers and employment agreements for preferred candidates;
- Seek feedback from hiring manager to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation, establish rapport and gauge morale;
- Support the development and implementation of Candidate Care.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
Key competencies and professional expertise preferred
- Proven track record of success in a recruiting role, having had responsibility for screening, interviewing and hiring for multiple positions across different geographical regions concurrently;
- Sound knowledge of recruitment tools and strategies
- Network in the international development sphere along with knowledge of competitors
- Exceptional standard of written and oral communications skills including the ability to advise and liaise across all levels of the organisation
- Fluency in a foreign language
- Strong management skills with ability to mentor, coach, lead, develop and evaluate staff.
- Capability to handle challenging issues in a diverse and dynamic environment
- Well developed and highly effective organizational skills and attention to details
- Ability to work with a low level of supervision and as a part of a team when required.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain relationships at all levels
- Excellent MS Office skills
- Willingness to travel