Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprise (MSME) Development Manager, Rwanda
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RolePalladium seeks a Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprise (MSME) Development Manager for the anticipated USAID-funded project in Rwanda. The purpose of the project will be to facilitate the emergence of a dynamic off-farm sector that can generate more and higher wage employment for the broad majority of Rwandans currently engaged in subsistence agriculture and other marginal economic activities. The activity will achieve this by alleviating constraints to entrepreneurship, in particular but not exclusively, constraints to finance.
- Provides technical and management support to MSME level off-farm employment generation
- Leverages and develops private and public sector relationships for employment generation activities
- Designs and leads activities to improve target populations; access to finance, employment and business advisory services
- Strengthens business skills of target groups, and facilitates linkages along the value chains.
- Master?s degree in business, economics, marketing, finance, or other closely related field preferred. A bachelor?s degree plus 12-15 years of experience in economic growth, enterprise development, access to finance would also be considered in lieu of a Master?s Degree.
- Prior work experience in doing international work and in business development
- Experience working directly to integrate target vulnerable groups into market opportunities
- Fluency in Kinyarwanda and English; French is desirable