Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RoleBackground
The Governments of Australia and Indonesia are partnering through INOVASI, an education program which aims to find out how to improve literacy and numeracy for Indonesias students. Funded by the Australian Government in partnership with the Indonesian Ministry of Education and Culture (MoEC), INOVASI is a subnational education program with a budget of AUD 49 million, which started in January 2016 and will run until 2019. It focuses on understanding and tackling learning challenges, particularly those related to literacy and numeracy skills, at the heart of the education system - in the classroom and the school (including madrasah). Nusa Tenggara Barat (NTB) is INOVASIs first partner province that began implementation in early 2017. Three more partner provinces have been selected (NTT - Sumba Island, East Java and North Kalimantan) and will begin implementation in mid-2017.
INOVASI will use a new approach to focus on what works in classrooms and schools. It will work with teachers, principals and local officials to identify what problems need to be solved to help students learn better and find out the best way to solve these problems by jointly piloting either (i) local solutions or (ii) practices successfully trialled elsewhere which are adapted to the local context. INOVASI will evaluate these pilots to see which are successful in improving student literacy and numeracy. The pilot activities will focus on student learning and classroom teaching. The three areas of focus are: 1) Strengthening the quality of teaching and learning in the classroom; 2) Improving the support provided to teachers so they can teach better; and 3) Enabling all children in the classroom, particularly girls and children with disabilities, to reach their potential in learning.
INOVASI is managed by Palladium on behalf of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT). As part of program implementation, INOVASI will establish new offices in 2018, organise workshops and events in Jakarta and across 4 provinces in Indonesia, and establish grants and partnerships programs. To support these activities, INOVASI is looking for Operations Consultants with various expertise who can be mobilised with short notice to support operational aspects of program implementation in Jakarta and in the 4 provinces in Indonesia where INOVASI operates.
Individuals who possess strong expertise in one or more operational areas listed below are encouraged to apply.
Purpose of the Position: The Operations Consultants, on a part-time basis, are required to manage or provide support to various operational aspects related to INOVASI activities and implementation, including in administration, procurement, logistics, human resources, finance management, grants management, event organizing, office and travel management, and recruitment process. The position may require to travel and may be deployed in Jakarta or in the 4 provinces where INOVASI operates.
Working with children.
Is this position likely to come into contact with children? YES
ResponsibilitiesDuties: Under the direction of Operations and Implementation Manager, and under the technical guidance of the Administration Coordinator, Procurement Coordinator, HR Coordinator, and Finance Coordinator, the Operations Consultants maybe required to:
- Conduct analysis of key operational and business processes in INOVASI, provide recommendation to INOVASI management on how to improve and streamline existing systems, and conduct reviews of key operational documents, processes and procedures. Develop operational SOP and manuals when required.
- In coordination with relevant team members, provide logistic and operational support to INOVASI team in implementing program activities and arranging meetings, events, workshops and travels, including but not limited to development of terms of reference, travel itineraries and agendas, reservation and flights, travel request, venue, accommodation, transportation, catering, budget preparation, invitations and follow up on confirmation of participation of resource persons, coordinating and liaising with government counterparts, schools and communities, and other tasks as required;
- Provide support in establishing and setting up new offices, including organising office fit out and procurement of furniture
- Provide on-the-job operational support to INOVASI field staff during periods of high-intensity activities, and support operational aspects of activity implementation.
- Conduct monitoring to field activities on behalf of INOVASI Operations team, such a monitoring of grantees or subcontractors, or checking field offices, or implementation of field activities. Provide reports of findings and recommendations to INOAVSI team.
- Support the team in conducting various aspects of procurement processes at field level, such as requesting for sub-contractor quotations, sending invitations to potential vendors; briefing of sub-contractors; supporting the selection process of the preferred subcontractors, assessing quotations (financial proposals, designs, and timelines to consider)
- Support to low value procurement process, prepare related documents required from Purchase Requisition to the Selection of Supplier, and ensure that all documents are completed. Ensure that goods and services are procured with Value for Money (VfM) principles.
- Support INOVASI financial functions and prepare and complete supporting documents for invoices from suppliers and/or subcontractor, and provide procurement documents based on the completion of procurement activities both in hard copies and soft copies and ensure that all approvals are available and records are safely secured;
- Provide administrative support to HR team at national and/or provincial level in recruitment process such as longlisting candidates, arranging recruitment interviews, contacting candidates, contacting referees for reference checks.
- Support INOVASI Admin functions when requied. Ensure accurate and efficient management of correspondence, invitations, files, records and all its hard and soft copy filling system, include softcopy filling management on SharePoint, and also contact databases & office library set up & management;
- Under direction of the respective managers, provide administrative and secretarial support to program teams and Counterparts including but not limited to MoEC officials, including travel, meetings arrangements, logistics for trainings and events;
- Prepare payment transactions including employee advance, petty cash voucher, in-house transfer, checks and transfer form. Ensure all transactions supported with proper and completed documents and alignment with INOVASI and DFAT standard.
- In coordination with Program Team and/or Procurement Team, coordinate with sub-contractors & event organizer, and ensure all procurement and administrative aspects of events; meetings, trainings, or workshops are well conducted and in-line with Palladium guidelines, policies and manual.
- Follow established operational processes and procedures in accordance with relevant Palladium and DFAT requirements and principles, including Commonwealth Procurement Rules and Value for Money principles.
- Other duties related to INOVASI operational requirements as may be reasonably required by the Operations and Implementation Manager.
RequirementsQualifications and Experience: The Operations Consultant will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in office management and/or administration, especially in support function of large scale of organization;
- Experience working with high level government officials;
- Proven track record in office management systems and procedures;
- Able to use technology effectively to support the operations of a large program or organisation;
- High level proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and web browsers;
- Good interpersonal skills, including in a cross cultural context;
- Fluent Bahasa Indonesia and some proficiency in English.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. A copy of Palladiums Child Protection Guidelines is available on our website: thepalladiumgroup.com/policies
Due to the anticipated volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted. All applications should be submitted through the Palladium website.
Should you experience any issues lodging an application online please contact email@example.com stating the position in the subject line.