Payroll Officer, Pathways - Cotabato City
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RoleAbout the Education Pathways to Peace in Mindanao (Pathways) Program
The Pathways program is a six-year education program that is supported by the Australian Government in partnership with the Government of the Philippines and implemented through the Ministry of Basic, Higher and Technical Education (MBHTE) of the newly installed Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (BARMM). The program's key outcomes are to reduce disparity and improve participation and education performance of boys and girls, particularly those experiencing disadvantage within the BARMM, and to support sustainable positive engagement and collaboration of key actors and stakeholders in providing and supporting conflict sensitive quality basic education services.
Pathways' core program relates largely to K to 3 education and the key challenges that are associated with its delivery. Recently, however, Pathways supported broader transition issues that are crucial to the life and political survival of K to 3 programs.
The program's base of operations is in Cotabato City and covers five provinces of BARMM.About the position
The Payroll Officer will be responsible for the overall payroll processing of all personnel of the Education Pathways to Peace program (Pathways).
ResponsibilitiesChild Protection: Level 1
The responsibilities of the project employee do not involve direct contact and working with children or young people.
The key responsibilities
of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the fortnightly payroll computation of locally-engaged personnel including the verification of hours worked, leave availed, overtime rendered, and Time Off in Lieu availed;
- Determine the appropriate withholding tax computation on the employee's payroll, and the employer/employee premium contributions on SSS, PHIC and Pag-ibig / HDMF.
- Prepare cheque or bank remittance advice for the payment or uploading of employees' salaries and distribute pay slips in a timely manner;
Remittance and Reporting
- Prepare the monthly remittance report of SSS, PHIC and Pag-ibig / HDMF premiums, SSS loans, and Pag-ibig / HDMF housing or multi-purpose loans;
- Prepare the monthly and quarterly remittance report of all taxes withheld from employees to the Bureau of Internal Revenue;
- Prepare the annual alphalist of employees as required by the Bureau of Internal Revenue;
- Liaise with SSS, PHIC and Pag-ibig / HDMF offices for the enrollment/update of employee, and the availment of loan benefit, sickness and other benefits;
- Prepare payroll journal fortnightly for posting into QuickBooks;
Other payroll tasks
- Communicate with the staff information about leave balances and assist in other payroll matters that affect them individually or as a whole (e.g., policy/process changes, salary increases, performance evaluation, etc.);
- Coordinate with Finance certain deductions from the employee's salary like unliquidated business advances;
- Responsible for the filing and the electronic backup of payroll files; and
- Perform other payroll and personnel related functions as directed by the HR and Recruitment Manager.
The Payroll Officer
should possess the following qualifications, experience, skills and competencies:
- Qualifications in finance, economics or business-related courses is desirable;
- Extensive experience in payroll management;
- Working knowledge on employee taxation and employee benefits with SSS, PHIC and Pag-ibig;
- Ability to demonstrate appropriate interpersonal skills to relate, communicate and negotiate effectively with a diverse range of people and cultures;
- Ability to prioritize workload and work independently in achieving results;
- Strong attention to detail and good organizational skills;
- High level of responsibility and ethical standards, and ability to work as part of a team while striving for excellence;
- Demonstrate high-level computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Knowledge in QuickBooks system is preferred; and
- Willing to be based in Cotabato City.