Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
The portfolio leader for health has the overall responsibility for leading and growing Palladium's health portfolio in the EMEA region. The role will provide senior executive oversight for business development, thought leadership, product development and the implementation of Palladium's health programmes managed out of the region. The role will ensure that Palladium remains a leading provider of health solutions through securing new programmes, leading client outreach and business development. They will ensure our technical solutions remain at the forefront of industry requirements. The portfolio leader will oversee knowledge sharing around industry innovations and project successes. She/he will lead the acquisition and delivery of high value technical solutions that deliver results and impact, continually meeting the changing needs and priorities of our clients and beneficiaries.
The primary responsibilities of the Portfolio Lead, Health, are to:
Lead the acquisition of new business relating to health. This will include:
- Representing Palladium to establish and maintain the company's reputation as credible professional development consultants;
- Identifying and developing new business opportunities in the sector to secure commercially viable contracts;
- Conducting research and analysis on client requirements;
- Managing the bid development process including designing the technical solution, managing partnerships and developing bid content;
- Building strong client relationships and relationships with partners and subcontractors; and
- Monitoring and anticipating/identifying bid performance issues and addressing them.
- Provide overall technical leadership for health projects to ensure our solutions are current, represent value for money and innovative. This will include:
- Building our knowledge base learning from project delivery and coordinating across all our clients to ensure we deliver the best possible solutions and methodologies in our bids and our projects;
- Providing technical leadership and quality assurance oversight for the implementation of our health projects, including acting as Project Director or Technical Advisor on projects;
- Directing and leading quality assurance initiatives on health related projects in order to assess potential improvement measures; and
- Working with other portfolios and business units to connect our thinking enabling us to provide more integrated development services and solutions, especially with regard to integrating gender.
Development of Palladium capacity in this sector. This will include:
- Identifying opportunities for Palladium to advance the frontier of good practice in this field;
- Working with colleagues across the company, Team Leaders and consultants to develop Palladium's intellectual property and resources to support effective service delivery across Palladium's portfolio of work; and
- Establishing and facilitating a community of practice to share knowledge, tools, resources and experience to enable all staff to keep on top of emerging trends and technical debates and to identify and implement best practice in all that we do.
- Proven experience in tendering and bid development for large scale projects including technical design and content development;
- Experience in implementing or advising on health projects in developing countries;
- Substantial experience in marketing of services and developing business plans;
- Ability to develop high level strategic relationships in an international development environment;
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills;
- Strong writing skills and attention to detail and quality;
- Strong management skills with ability to mentor, coach, lead, develop and evaluate staff;
- Financial acumen and the ability to interpret