Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
The Humanitarian and Stabilisation Operations Team (HSOT), contracted by Palladium , provides the Department for International Development (DFID) with humanitarian operations services and the UK Government's Stabilisation Unit (SU) with stabilisation operations support.
We have an exciting opportunity for someone that wants to be able to contribute to the procurement and project management team within the organisation. The role will be responsible for supporting the Procurement and Logistics team to provide end to end project management of procurement and logistics tasks for both clients and will include procurement of goods and services for both annual budgets and response projects.
The primary responsibilities of this new and exciting Procurement Officer role
- Produce specifications, tender documents, evaluation criteria & evaluation reports, framework agreements, purchase orders for goods and services, payment authorisations forms (PAF) and correspondence with suppliers as necessary for the management of HSOT procurement projects.
- Sourcing and market research of potential bidders and products relevant to the team including potential innovations to goods, services & processes. Review and assess suppliers in accordance with the HSOT Due Diligence guidelines and DFID's Supplier Code of Conduct.
- Organise inspection and freight services as relevant and manage the evaluation of inspections reports, goods received notices and other relevant documents.
- Develop good working relationships with commodity suppliers, to facilitate a good response from them in tenders and emergencies.
- Procurement and sales of medicines and warehousing and transport services for medicines in strict accordance with the EU Good Distribution Practice of medicinal products for human use (GDP) Guidelines, 2013 including:
- Passing annual training in the principles of GDP and SOPs relevant to your area of operation;
- Full adherence to Palladium's Quality Management System (QMS) Manual for Brokerage and Wholesale Distribution, particularly in relation to documentation control, deviations, change control and risk management;
- Undertake due diligence and pre-qualification of suppliers according to GDP and HSOT policies and guidelines;
- Raising orders with relevant Technical Agreements;
- Any other duties as required by Palladium's Responsible Person (RP) related to GDP and agreed by line management.
- Provide project coordination support within the Procurement and Logistics Team including:
- Project creation. drawing up and managing budgets, tasking orders, PRs, using HSOT systems;
- Submit forecasting and accruals to HSOT Finance team; and
- Reporting against project budgets as detailed below.
- Deployment and demobilisation of surge and core team staff for Procurement and Logistics Team projects including contract issuance, liaison with DFID offices and arranging travel & visas using HSOT deployments & HR procedures and systems. Work with HR team to build a strong surge pool of consultants in all P&L areas.
- Develop excellent working client relationship with DFID and SU, instilling confidence in them regarding the team's procurement and logistics capacity, quality of advice and reporting
- The role may be required to provide support to other team functions for example to cover leave, or during response, including support issuing deployment kit to core, surge and client deployees and may require occasional travel to the DFID Disaster Response Centre in Kemble to provide additional support.
- Maintain readiness to undertake overseas deployment if/when required.
Education and Experience Required:
- Experience of drafting and issuing purchase orders.
- Experience in administration and expense management including excellent Microsoft Office skills.
- Outstanding organisational skills in terms of planning, managing information, controlling timelines and meeting deadlines.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and proven experience of building excellent working relationships, both internal and external.
- Proven ability to communicate complex procedures and situations to varied stakeholders/clients.
- Proven ability to deal with a varied, demanding, often conflicting and rapidly changing workload
- Demonstrable attention to detail and accuracy
- Organisational skills: planning, managing information, controlling timelines and meeting deadlines.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and proven experience of building strong working relationships.
- Proven ability to deal with a varied, demanding, often conflicting and rapidly changing workload.
- Common sense and professional work ethic.
- The ability to pursue, adapt, and lead change, and demonstrate flexibility in response to changing business environments.
- The ability to see the bigger picture and affect business drivers through decisions and actions, and the ability to contribute to the long-term profitability and growth of the organisation.
- Developing and using collaborative relationships.
- Ownership of learning and striving to develop own knowledge and capabilities to support the organisation's success.
- The ability to see how an individual fits into Palladium, impact of individual actions on bottom line and effectively manage resources.
- Due to the urgency of this role we are only able to accept candidates with the right to work in the UK already