Program Management Information System Specialist, Pathways - Cotabato City
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RoleProject
Education Pathways to Peace in Mindanao (Pathways) is a $90 million Government of Australia investment to improve the delivery and quality of education in conflict-affected areas of Mindanao. Pathways intends to contribute to peace-building by addressing inequity and disparity in participation and performance in basic education. The Program will focus on supporting improvements in the participation and performance of learners at the early grade levels (Kindergarten to Grade 3), in teacher education and development, and in the development of context-appropriate curriculum.Role
In order to support Pathways Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, Research and Learning (MEARL) Unit in managing data and information from monitoring of program activities towards achieving outcomes, a Program Management Information System (PMIS) will be developed. PMIS will serve as the central repository system of Activity, Output and Outcomes data and information for learning, reporting, use in decision making, generation and dissemination of information for communications.
Under the supervision of the MEARL Lead, the specific DUTIES
of the PMIS Specialist
are the following:
- Development of User Requirement Specifications for the Pathways Program Management Information System (PMIS)
- Support in system design and development of PMIS including the integration or link of some components into to the MBHTE Unified Management Information System (UMIS)
- Preparation of supporting documentation/manuals (system, help, administrator, user guide, etc.) including recommended approaches to data build-up, ongoing data entry, user protocols and access controls
- Identify and promote improvements to local processes which includes but not limited to ensuring that communication between MEARL, Programs and other users of the PMIS is effective and clear;
- Undertake other assigned PMIS-related tasks as may be required.
RequirementsQualifications and Experience:
The PMIS Specialist
should possess the following qualifications:
- In-depth experience in system development and programming both in web-based and client/server environment including security;
- Experience and strong knowledge in database management system including database design, data manipulation and administration and different application program interfaces supporting tablet functionality; preferably development work-related;
- Problem-solving and good analytical skills
- Can work with minimum supervision and can deliver on deadlines;
- Experience working in ARMM and understands cultural sensitivities in the region;
- A high level of integrity, initiative, adaptability, and ability to perform in a high-pressure environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with others particularly in a cross-cultural and fragile environment;
- Willing to be based in Cotabato City and to travel to other provinces in ARMM.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or any related field; (desirable)