Program Officer, Pacific Labour Facility - Brisbane
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
The Pacific Labour Facility (PLF) facilitates seasonal and longer-term work opportunities for Pacific workers to Australia. It connects Australian employers with Pacific workers, supports the administration of the PLS and provides targeted support to SWP. The PLF is managed by Palladium and provides the backbone of Australia's future support for circular labour mobility in the Pacific under the direction of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT). The PLF has been established as a trusted intermediary in connecting Australian employers with Pacific workers.
The Program Officer
will provide operational, administrative and logistical support to the Pacific Labour Facility program (PLF) and its staff.
Under the direction of the Operations Manager
the Program Officer
- Support the day to day operations of the PLF team, including leading on logistics for the frequently travelling members of the PLF team (international/domestic flights, accommodation, expenses, transfers etc.)
- Support the management of the PLF Brisbane office, including:
- Asset management
- Managing PLF stock of stationary and materials
- Orientation support and visitors (including DFAT counterparts and delegations from the Pacific)
- Provide logistics and operational support to consultants and program visitors, and arrange travel and accommodation bookings for workers;
- Support robust financial management of the program, by completing finance tasks, including preparation of purchase orders, payment approvals forms, expense claims and credit card requisitions;
- Assist Worker Welfare team with targeted activities to support workers as appropriate, including:
- Collaborating in the preparation and delivery of training for workers and employers (including cultural awareness training and working with Pacific Islanders training)
- Informal translation services
- Support the communications and marketing team with program events and organising events in the PLF office as well as high-level external country visits. Liaise with a range of stakeholders (including Australian and partner government officials) to coordinate travel, accommodation and other logistics for these events;
- Ensure that office procurement is compliant with Commonwealth Procurement Rules and Palladium policies, including obtaining competitive quotations, preparing procurement records and documents, and maintaining asset registers;
- Undertake reception duties as required, such as answering the phone, taking minutes of meetings, and supporting visitors to the office.
- Lead accurate and efficient management of correspondence, invitations, files, records and databases of contacts;
- Maintain central filing system, office supplies track record, office utilities usage;
- Provide administrative and secretarial support to program team, including arranging meetings, trainings and events.
- Maintain hard and soft copies of program documents in compliance with DFAT Record Management policies;
- Support the administration team in the efficient management of the office, including ensuring the office space and kitchen is clean and tidy.
- Other duties as may reasonably be required by the Operations Manager consistent with the incumbent's qualifications and experience.
The Program Officer
will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Experience in logistics and administration, especially in support function of large scale of organization;
- Proven track record in office management systems and procedures;
- Able to use technology effectively to support the operations of a large program or organisation;
- High level proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and web browsers;
- Good interpersonal skills, including in a cross-cultural context;
- Ability to work to deadlines, and to balance competing priorities
Candidates must have unrestricted work rights in Australia.