Proposal Writer Consultancy, Health Sector - Washington, DC
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RolePalladium is currently seeking Proposal Writers to support new business development endeavors. The Proposal Writers will work closely with Palladium to prepare a complete, responsive technical narrative. The proposal writers will be responsible for ensuring the narrative meets donor requirements, makes a compelling case for funding, and effectively communicates Palladium?s key approaches to health, governance, health policy, and food security on select priority bids.
- Serve as the technical lead writer and coordinate inputs and writing assignments from other team members, including partners.
- Ensure proposal narrative adheres to donor and Palladium internal guidelines and quality standards, and is responsive to RFP/RFA requirements
- Work closely and collaboratively with the Palladium proposal team members.
- Participate in the proposal design workshop in Washington, DC, and other technical strategy meetings. Where appropriate, contribute to project design, including project results framework.
- Compile/write the proposal outline, drafts, and final technical narrative. Make revisions to proposal drafts based on reviews from Palladium technical experts.
- Master's Degree and 7- 10 years' experience in proposal writing and design
- Experienced in developing winning technical proposals in response to USAID solicitations. Should possess a clear understanding of best practices, evidence-based designs, and innovations in the field of health and health policy.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent writing, editing and proof-reading skills
- Working knowledge of USAID health and health policy programs.
- Proficiency with IT-enabled communications
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Fluent or native English speaker required
- Experience in West Africa in the HIV sector
- Experience working directly with key populations as an advocate for their needs.
- Understanding of cost share and leveraging mechanisms requested by USAID
- Fluent French speaker