Quality and Inclusion Adviser, MDF- PNG
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
Market Development Facility is an Australian Government funded multi-country initiative which promotes sustainable economic development, through higher incomes for women and men, in our partner countries.
We connect individuals, businesses, governments and NGOs with each other, and with markets at home and abroad. This enhances investment and coordination and allows partnerships to flourish, strengthening inclusive economic growth.
MDF is funded by the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs (DFAT). It is implemented by Palladium in partnership with Swisscontact.
The purpose of the Quality and Inclusion Adviser is to lead implementation of the MDF RM system and WEE/inclusion framework in the country of assignment and the research calendar that is associated with both. The role will be involved in strategy design and partnership design, to ensure effective implementation that fosters pro-poor growth, WEE and, where appropriate, other development goals.
- Lead and contribute to sector growth strategies and ensure that all interventions have a clearly demonstrated link to these strategies.
- Support the Country Director in developing the country strategy and conducting portfolio analysis.
- Conduct and review monitoring and results measurement in line with the DCED guidelines.
- Maintain, in collaboration with the Quality and Inclusion Director(s)/Specialists, a results measurement system in line with DCED guidelines and relevant for WEE, with complete and up to date Intervention Guides and a clear research calendar.
- Collaborate with country team to develop high-quality results chains and measurement plans for each partnership and execute these plans in a timely and collaborative manner, ensuring inclusion indicators are appropriately integrated into results chains and research plans.
- Coach and support Country Teams to ensure WEE and inclusion strategies are integrated and clearly articulated in all relevant MDF documentation, including intervention guides, monitoring and assessments, strategy documents and results chains.
- Ensure MDF's Environmental Guidelines and Checklists and overall environmental management are compliant with relevant Australian guidelines and national legislation.
- Ensure cross-cutting themes are incorporated in all relevant MDF documents and support the identification and design of suitable interventions where needed.
For complete Terms of Reference (TOR) click here
- At least a bachelor's degree in economics, anthropology/sociology, agricultural sciences, international development, research or related fields.
- Demonstrated experience and proven qualitative and quantitative research skills, including demonstrated complex field research in MSD or a related development approach in areas such as productivity, poverty and social norms, sustainability and resilience; and applying the DCED Standard for Results Measurement.
- Demonstrated high performance in autonomous roles.
- Excellent critical analysis, synthesis and English language skills (written and spoken), combined with the ability to translate complex findings and ideas into simple, clear and actionable content.
- Willingness to work in a challenging environment and travel extensively within country.
Please submit your CV and brief cover letter (no more than one page) outlining your suitability in line with the requirements of the position.