Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RolePalladium has recently been awarded the contract for the Technical Assistance for Education System Strengthening (TASS) Program in Indonesia, commencing January 2017. The TASS Program will ensure targeted technical assistance responds to the key national education priorities that are articulated by the Ministry of Education and Culture (MoEC) the Ministry of Religious Affairs (MoRA), and the National Planning Ministry (BAPPENAS).
TASS will operate as a rapid response mechanism to support GoI with, (i) the provision of rapid analyses, each designed to contribute to ongoing policy dialogue; (ii) short-term revolving TA to assist Government in those areas where it urgently needs technical support; (iii) the professional development of senior management personnel in key skills; and (iv) pilot activities that test new strategies for improved quality of schooling.
ResponsibilitiesThe Recruitment Manager will support the Facility Director in ensuring effective program operations and to support delivery of activities and tasks described in DFAT Tasking Notes.
The duties of the Recruitment Specialist revolve around tasks associated with program?s recruitment and personnel/contract management functions for national TA recruited to deliver TASS tasks, and may include:
- Develop, maintain, operationalise and periodically refresh a database of national consultants;
- Developing a talent acquisition strategy and periodical recruitment plans to ensure timely and rapid sourcing of technical expertise in line with anticipated program activities;
- Sourcing, attracting and recruiting for open positions and to anticipate future needs, taking steps to ensure positive candidate experience;
- Planning and conducting recruitment and selection processes (interviews, screening, reference checks etc.);
- Supporting development and maintenance of positive relationships between TASS and the national TA pool;
- Ensuring effective management of national consultants? contracts, including liaising between the Program Manager and consultants on invoicing, and tracking of days used against days allocated;
- Routinely reporting contracts? status to the Facility Director, Facility Manager and Program Manager, highlighting any risks with regards to allocation of days and contract end dates;
- Supervising and ensuring value for money in contracting, procurement and management of national consultants, subcontractors, and other service providers;
- Supporting implementation of staff performance management systems;
- Maintaining project data for short-term and long-term staff and consultants;
- Supporting the development and presentation of internal and external reporting;
- Participating in the development and maintenance of project work plans;
- Other duties as may reasonably be required by the Facility Director consistent with the incumbent?s qualifications and experience.
RequirementsThe Recruitment Manager should have the following qualifications, experience, skills and knowledge:
Required Qualifications and Experience
- A relevant Bachelor?s degree.
- A minimum of 5 years? experience in human resource management, personnel recruitment, procurement and contracting with DFID, DFAT, USAID or other donor client(s).
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing talent acquisition strategies and plans.
- Demonstrated ability to attract talent via social and professional networks.
- Experience managing large and complex projects with a high risk profile.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Indonesian and English
- Ability to think clearly and logically and to work independently.
- Demonstrated networks in the Indonesian education sector will be an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a low level of supervision and as a part of a team.
- Understanding of all selection methods and techniques, including the use of social media and jobs boards, and development and maintenance of professional networks.
- Willingness to understand the duties and competencies of different roles.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative.
- Sound problem solving and decision making skills