STTA Governance Senior Advisor
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
Palladium's global Governance Practice is refreshing its roster of short-term technical experts in the area of democracy, human rights and governance (DRG). Palladium is anticipating a significant volume of assignments in the next five months. Our primary clients include USAID, DFID and DFAT. Palladium seeks applicants for multiple positions in DRG-funded projects to provide short-term technical expertise in the areas of: accountability, civil society, gender and social inclusion, human rights, legislative strengthening, political economy analysis, rule of law, and social protection.
ResponsibilitiesTITLE: Short-term Technical experts for forthcoming assignments in Democracy, Human Rights and Governance projects funded by USAID, DFID and DFAT
REPORTS TO: Director, Governance Practice within Economic Growth, Americas
POSITION LOCATION: Global
CLASSIFICATION: Short-term consulting with potential of longer term
- Master's degree in relevant field is required
- Minimum 7 year's experience in an international setting, including experience with democracy, human rights and governance.
- Experience as Chief of Party for USAID-funded projects is particularly desirable
- Demonstrated management and supervision skills
- Relevant technical skills and training experience
- Exceptional writing, editing and oral presentation skills, evidenced by professional experience and success
- Strong foreign language skills highly desirable.