Senior Associate, Business Development
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RoleThe Senior Business Development Associate will be a member of the Business Development Department supporting the business development efforts of the Palladium practice areas, with a primary focus on proposal coordination for the Economic Growth Practice. S/he helps to take an opportunity through the pipeline from identification to submission. S/he focuses on overall planning, writing select proposal/pre-proposal pieces, and coordinating the internal team and partner inputs for bid efforts, and also assists in broader bid preparation and production aspects.
- Works closely with capture managers to successfully manage proposal efforts and resources, including timeline and action planning, identification of needed proposal team members, internal/external meeting support and facilitation, efficient communications, and organization of proposal component folders/files
- Has lead responsibility for coordinating select proposals (including preparing tailored calendars, checklists, instructions, templates, and outlines), and monitoring progress
- Performs analysis of RFP/A requirements and continually works to promote and ensure compliance
- Guides and supports proposal team through necessary department-level processes and corporate-level reviews and decisions, adhering to established policies and protocols
- Ensures vital flow of communication and task management between capture manager, practices and departments, partners, and other parties involved in the proposal process
- Helps facilitate evolution and documentation of proposal strategy, such as competitive analysis, developing win themes and technical approach, visioning needed personnel, and selecting teaming partners
- Leads final technical and cost proposal production and submission, and coordinates post-submission debriefs
- In close coordination with the Pricing and Value Analytics and Contracts/Operations Departments, helps support cost/business proposal development as appropriate
- Writes expressions of interest, corporate capability statements, personnel and management sections, past performance references, biographical sketches and other proposal components
- Strategically enhances/positions resume content
- Edits, formats, and coordinates technical proposal sections as they develop (including managing file traffic/turnaround time, and close liaison with technical staff)
- Reviews and edits submissions from partners, ensuring their inputs meet specified requirements and expected level of quality
- Maintains timely data on assigned opportunity pipeline
- Carries out business intelligence research for economic growth-related areas to help position company/guide strategic planning; Researches and analyzes funding trends among key donors/clients
- Supports liaison with and efforts to build positive relationships with other international development organizations and a range of international donors
- Develops depth of understanding of practice area staff and projects (particularly the Economic Growth Practice), and helps facilitate proactive and responsive business development department support
- International travel possible
- Five or more years of previous experience in proposal development required
- Experience with USAID/other international donors highly preferred
- Proven ability to successfully manage the full proposal development process
- Demonstrated organizational and writing skills and attention to detail are essential
- Persuasive, clear, and concise writing skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment, including managing and communicating clearly and diplomatically with multidisciplinary teams of HQ/field staff and partners under numerous deadlines
- Strong oral communication skills, comfortable making presentations and facilitating productive meetings
- Must be able to work under tight deadlines, with multiple/simultaneous bid efforts, and across time-zone challenges
- Background and strong interest in agriculture, economic growth, or food security preferred
- Languages a plus; Spanish and/or French preferred
- Bachelors or Masters degree (degree relevancy a plus)