Senior Associate, Financial Management - Washington, DC
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
This position will be responsible for assisting in the development of annual work plans and pipeline budgets, reviewing budgets and financial reports for accuracy, and other ad hoc financial requests as needed. Using strong interpersonal and communication skills and additional analytical skills, the incumbent will develop and maintain positive relationships with colleagues and clients with a strong focus on customer service
The primary responsibilities of the Financial Management Senior Associate
- Provide financial program operations assistance to project technical staff and administrators
- Assemble, format, and maintain budget/financial information for new, existing, and ending contracts.
- Analyse posted cost and revenue to actuals posted. Research issues and initiates AP, GL and revenue adjustments as needed.
- Prepare and review budget realignments, narrations, and justifications.
- Create/modify budget spreadsheet templates in accordance with individualized project requirements.
- Ensure compliance with government contracting regulations.
- Perform the initial job setup function and on-going project maintenance within the corporate accounting system.
- Generate monthly project accruals
- Work collaboratively with technical staff on project forecasting
- Administer project reconciliations by ledger account
- Other duties as assigned
The role will report to the Senior Manager, Financial Management:
- Monthly update calls with the line manager.
- Monthly review of the project Monthly Management Report before submission to the line manager.
- Exception reports as and when required.
- Any other reporting request as required.
- Internally the role will be required to liaise closely with the project team, the corporate management team, Practice Area Specialists, Project Operations Managers, the financial management and pricing teams
- The role will be required to manage, analyse and make sound recommendations to the line manager. Recommendations will include project, indirect, and practice area costs that help build up corporate analysis.
- Ensure compliance with Company policies, processes and procedures and client policies, rules and regulations.
Key Competencies requirements
- Experience with Deltek's Costpoint preferred
- Strong accounting, business and administration skills.
- Ability to analyse financial data and prepare financial reports.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good organizational and planning skills.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office - particularly Excel, VBA, SQL
- Given the rapidly changing landscape of our industry and organisation, the ability to pursue, adapt and lead change. In particular you need to demonstrate flexibility in response to the changing business environment that drives a dynamic, growing and high performing organisation.
- Critical Thinking
- The ability to see the bigger picture and affect business drivers through decisions and actions that increases your own ability to contribute to the long-term profitability and growth of the company.
- People & Relationships
- Achieving your business strategy by developing and using collaborative relationships and developing and valuing our people.
- Self-Development and Accountability
- Driving high performance and ownership for learning and striving to develop your own knowledge and capabilities to support the organisation's success.
- Business Acumen
- The ability to see how your accountabilities fit into Palladium group, the impact of your individual actions on the bottom line and how the effective management of resources will drive high performance and efficiency.