Senior Associate, Research, Monitoring and Evaluation
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
We have an exciting opportunity an experienced monitoring, evaluation, research and learning professional to join our team providing technical expertise and project management to support the design and implementation of research, monitoring and evaluation activities for Palladium programmes and independent evaluations.
The ideal candidate would have experience and technical expertise in one or more of the following sectors:
- Private sector development, development economics, markets systems, voice and accountability, institutional strengthening, family planning and reproductive health, MNCH or similar
The primary responsibilities of the Senior Associate, Research, Monitoring and Evaluation, are to:Providing Technical Input/Sector Expertise:
- Provide technical input into the design, planning and delivery of projects, including leading the design of a programme's theory of change and either leading on or supporting to establish and monitor a programme's results framework/MEL framework
- Contribute to research, analysis and publication of technical studies, case studies, policy and programme approaches and results.
- Provide short term inputs and/or consultancy assignments on discrete project-based work within Palladium
- Provide support to other Clusters and more junior RME colleagues to monitor and quality assure Palladium's RME products and services.
- Identify, build and maintain relationships with consultants and partners who can provide technical expertise on projects that Palladium implements.
- For assigned portfolio of projects, interface with clients and other project stakeholders to plan, implement, review and report on projects as needed and requested.
- Provide support to project work planning, budgeting, progress and financial reporting.
- Provide technical support to project operations at all stages.
- Support Project Directors in the performance management of Team Leaders and project teams.
- Liaise with partner organisations on the contractually compliant delivery of agreed inputs and achievement of agreed outputs and outcomes.
- Assume management responsibility for these tasks when delegated to do so.
- Support the strategic approach to business development through coordinating research on thematic issues, countries, clients, partners and competitors and also gather market intelligenceon all/some of the above.
- Support the development of new and maintenance of existing client relationships through interactions with clients at a technical level during the business development cycle.
- Support the identification, assessment and pursuit of new business opportunities, contributing to the analysis of our prospects for winning opportunities.
- Contribute to the planning of pursuits and bids.
- Contribute to the preparation of capability statements/expressions of interest, technical and financial proposals.
Experience and qualifications
Skills and competencies
- Master's degree in a relevant field - International Development, Development studies, International Relations etc, or commensurate experience
- Significant experience of technical monitoring, evaluation and research experience and business development experience that includes developing, implementing and managing field-based research and monitoring and evaluation systems in a developing country setting
- Some experience in working in a developing country or in a project-based environment
- Experience working with DFID or USAID desired.
- Experience contributing to or managing at least 1-2 successful major bids (including each of or a combination of structuring bid financials, team selection, drafting technical response and partner negotiations)
- Strong writing skills
- Critical thinking and confidence to be creative in designing M&E solutions
- Excellent verbal communication skills and the ability to convince stakeholders and work in a collaborative and constructive manner
- Sound problem solving and decision-making skills
- Project management experience
- People management skills
- Sound business development and Client Relationship Management skills
- Ability to conceptualize and write a bid proposal or project report
- Willingness to travel and work abroad a minimum of eight weeks per year in developing countries and elsewhere
- Professional-level fluency in a relevant language is an advantage
- Knowledge of data analysis or visualisation software is an advantage
- Strong record of academic-level publications is an advantage
- Work autonomously and as a team as required
Salary range: 40,000 -52,500 GBP
Applications accepted: 06/08/2019-06/09/2019