Senior Health Financing Advisor
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RoleCompany Profile
Palladium develops and delivers innovative, locally relevant, evidence-based solutions to improve the health and well-being of people around the world. Since 1971, we have assisted governmental and non-governmental agencies, foundations, and the private sector by designing, implementing, and evaluating programs in HIV/AIDS, sexual and reproductive health, population and family planning, maternal and child health, infectious diseases, and gender. Palladium has deep expertise in policy and advocacy, research and strategic information, health markets and private sector engagement, modeling and economic analysis, patient monitoring and management/HMIS, strategic consulting, and program management.Purpose of Position
The Senior Health Financing Advisor is a full-time position for an upcoming award in Mali funded by USAID focused on Health Systems Strengthening, Governance and Financing This position is contingent upon funding and donor approval.Reports to:
Chief of PartyDuration:
The Senior Health Financing Advisor has overall technical responsibility for the project health financing portfolio. Primary responsibility will be to assist country teams to develop technical strategies, approaches and plans, implement activities and monitor progress towards outlined project milestone/deliverables/ approved workplans. The Advisor will also develop technical documents, provide technical oversight to team, manage the technical aspects of outsourcing any technical services, review and finalize technical products (studies, reports, briefers, slide decks) and provide overall capacity building support and mentoring to the country teams.
- Participates in the design and implementation of technical support activities related to health finance policy in Mali
- Stays abreast of key developments in health finance and resource allocation innovations and interventions in Mali to inform technical activities under the Mali HSS, Governance and Financing project. This includes frequent interaction with the Government of Mali stakeholders relevant to this area as well as multilateral partners and donor agencies
- Prepares health financing analyses, recommendations, briefing notes, and assessments for internal and client use
- Provides assistance to others on matters related to topic area of research and evaluation and applies relevant methodologies to programmatic issues of importance
- Supervises short-term local consultants in Mali assigned to health finance activities
- Represents the project, company, and programs in the health financing area in Mali, as well as with others in the professional community.
- Interacts with internal and external resources and other experts to bring new and "cutting edge" ideas into approaches
- Conducts all work to accepted standards of research ethics
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as assigned
- MPH, MBA or MA in international development, international relations, public policy, or related field.
- At least 8 years of experience in international development
- Advanced degree in health economics with academic specialization in health financing or commensurate work experience in health finance
- Significant working experience in health finance and health economics
- Experience in public financial management, decentralization and citizen engagement, health policy and financing, local economic development, and/or public-private partnerships (PPPs) desirable
- Familiarity or experience with Mali health system
- Familiarity with USAID-supported projects (experience with West or East Africa a plus)
- Sound knowledge of methodologies used in health finance research
- Knowledge of relevant literature related to topic area
- Appropriate computer skills necessary to conduct research, and to conduct analysis of study data
- Strong analytical and computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, web-based research) - this includes data analytics
- Ability to multi-task and keep track of concurrent activities and deadlines
- Strong written and oral communication skills for high-level policy audiences
- Must be willing to live and travel within Mali
- Must be fluent in French.
Please submit a CV and Cover Letter
stating the following:
- Your interest and experience that make you suitable for this position.
- Notice period from current employer
- Possible start date
- Salary Expectations