Senior Health Systems Strengthening/Private Sector Advisor - Nigeria
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
Palladium is recruiting a Senior HSS/Private Sector advisor to serve on the leadership team for an upcoming project across five states in Nigeria aimed at improving systems and services to provide HIV and TB services.
The Senior HSS/Private Sector Advisor will provide technical support to the project team to expand the private sector engagement and strengthen its capacity in the following areas:
- Support a locally hired Private Sector Advisor position responsible for planning, coordinating and facilitating technical assistance and implementation of activities to expand HIV/AIDS and TB services through private sector providers and facilities.
- Support identification of potential private providers and facilities to expand delivery sites for integrated access to HTS, PMTCT, TB/HIV treatment and care.
- Support promotion and coordination of activities for prevention of HIV/AIDS and TB at workplaces.
- Strengthened linkages between public and private sector service delivery systems for improve referral.
- Support activities to streamline recording and reporting of program data by private sector providers and facilities.
- Support planning and coordination of capacity building activities for private providers following national policies and guidelines.
- A graduate degree in Public Health, Health policy or related courses (e.g. MBBS, RN etc.) with extensive field experience in managing health programs in Nigeria. A postgraduate degree in health systems or public health will be an added advantage
- At least 3-5 years of experience working on Health Systems Strengthening in developing countries, preferably in Nigeria
- Experience engaging with Private Sector in health systems strengthening, primary health care, and have capacity building and project management experience in public health programs
- The HSS Coordinator must be intimately familiar with the context in Nigeria and have in-country experience with USAID programs
- Demonstratable capacity to network and negotiate with key stakeholders across different sectors in support of health
- Strong skills in design, implementation and monitoring of program components; e.g. health systems strengthening, qual training, supportive supervision, advocacy and coordination
- Excellent facilitation and mentoring skills' supporting decentralized entities to translate policies into strategic plans for implementation; and computer literacy in spread sheets is a must
- Experience with technical assistance for programs funded by USAID and/or other donor programs in developing countries, with significant Nigeria experience
- Strong verbal, listening, writing, and interpersonal skills essential for effective coordination among several institutions and staff involved in a broad range of activities
- Fluent in English, (written and oral communication) and Hausa and/or Fulfulde
- Willingness to travel throughout each of the five states as necessary