Senior Logistics Coordinator, APAC
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RoleThe Senior Coordinator for Logistics is responsible for managing the coordination, consolidation, implementation of and adherence to Logistics, Procurement and Warehousing operations for Palladium Logistics (APAC). Through the effective execution of day-to-day logistical operations, the Senior Logistics Coordinator is responsible for ensuring exceptional customer service to both internal and external clients.
This is a full-time, corporate role based at our Caringbah site.
ResponsibilitiesThe primary responsibilities for the Senior Logistics Coordinator is to:
- Support emergency response operations as required and provide assistance in the management of large scale logistical response activities
- Project manage logistics operations, from quoting to implementation
- Comply with all industry legislation, regulations and codes across import and export operations to and from Australia and other regions of the world
- Coordinate the placement of air and sea booking direct with carriers, airlines and consolidators as well as relevant export and import documentation as applicable
- Negotiate competitive rates with all providers across all services
- Identify potential new business opportunities and assist in expansion of the Logistics operation
- Involvement in the costing of tender opportunities and responses and work autonomously on these to deliver the best outcomes for the client
- Act as a mentor to the Logistics Team and be a point of contact to assist where required in logistical matters
- Review, implement and ensure staff adherence to logistics procedures
- Daily Management of stores and functionality of the Warehouses located in Sydney and Brisbane
- Ensure compliance of WHS & QMS policy and procedures within assigned projects
- Tertiary Qualification in Logistics or Team Leader related field
- Experience in air, sea and land freight movements
- Experience working with Cargowise Software or similar control System
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to work with a low level of supervision and as a part of a team when required
- Ability to mentor junior staff within the team