Senior M&E Specialist / Activity Manager
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RolePalladium is currently seeking experienced an M&E specialist with practical performance monitoring and evaluation experience to work on its Performance Monitoring and Evaluation Training Courses project (PM&E).Palladium is providing support to USAID's Bureau for Policy, Planning and Learning, Office of Learning, Evaluation and Research (USAID/PPL/LER) to deliver performance monitoring and evaluation training courses for USAID and implementing partners. The training focuses on the practical skills necessary for monitoring program and project progress and commissioning, managing, and using evaluation results to inform strategies and project design and foster Agency learning.
ResponsibilitiesIn the capacity of Senior M&E Specialist/Activity Manager will be responsible for the following
- Function as the contract Activity Manager as well as have lead responsibility for the content and overall quality, practicality, accuracy, and relevance of the courses and related tools.
- Responsible for responding to requests from USAID, submitting workplans and progress reports, as well as course development, deliveries, and updates.
- Supervise assigned project staff and manage timely and high quality completion of all project deliverables.
- Leads proposal component
- Leverages professional (client, partner and personnel) networks
- Anticipates, interprets and highlights trends
- Converts creative ideas, new business concepts, products and plans into successful business opportunities
- Writes white papers, etc.
- Creates a strategy, targets and work plan for identifying and pursuing clients, partnersand opportunities
- Identifies, pursues and responds to clients, partners and opportunities as per approved work plan and on a case-by-case basis
- Represents Palladium at approved meetings and select outreach events
- Leads strategy, approach and methodological analysis for Practice bids and projects
- Promotes, adheres and provides quality control oversight
- Responsible for delivery of project and sub-unit objectives
- Leads implementation of the entire project, including work planning, technical delivery and project reporting
- Approves project expenses and invoices as necessary in accordance with contract and corporate guidelines
- Manages financial records
- Represents projects to client representatives, international organizations and/or representatives, partners and others as appropriate
- Responsible for oversight, quality control and monitoring at the project and/or sub-unit level
- Provides technical oversight and quality assurance at the project and/or sub-unit level
- Oversees and provides quality assurance for reports and major communications
- Keeps supervisor informed of status of project and/or sub-unit deliverables on a regular basis
- Minimum of 12 years' experience in relevant field
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work within different cultural environments
- Strong knowledge of USAID monitoring and evaluation policies and the program cycle, including ADS 200 and 201
- Master's degree in a related field
- Must be extremely dependable and flexible