Senior M&E and Research Advisor : Mozambique PEPFAR activity- Local Hire
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RolePalladium develops and delivers solutions that create Positive Impact for communities, businesses, societies and economies. We transform lives and create enduring value by working with governments, corporations and non-profit organizations. Palladium is built on the idea that progress will be supported by four key pillars:
- International Development
- Strategy Execution Consulting
- Impact Investment
- Training and Events
Palladium is seeking a senior M&E and Research Advisor to support a 4-year PEPFAR-funded project in Mozambique.This opportunity is limited to Mozambican nationals only.
1. Support the implementation of the PMP and the collection and reporting of high quality data
2. Build capacity in M&E among local implementing partners
3. Contribute to the design and implementation of quantitative and qualitative research, including study protocol, questionnaire development, consent forms, ethics review applications, data analysis and presentation of findings in multiple communication formats.
4. Lead data analysis for the project and build a culture of data use
5. Develop innovative approaches to visualize data in ways that meet the information needs of targeted data users
6. Assist with monitoring, evaluation and reporting activities to partner and donor agencies. Prepare success stories and case studies as required.
7. Design and implement training workshops, manage ongoing mentoring, monitor quality of data collection efforts, and document beneficiary applications of new skills.
- Post graduate degree in Public Health, international development, public policy, or related field;
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working in M&E and/or research
- Demonstrated skills in design and management of qualitative and quantitative research; experience in multiple methodologies strongly preferred;
- Understanding of routine project monitoring including implementing performance monitoring plans. Previous experience reporting under PEPFAR funded projects highly desirable. Experience with electronic project information systems highly desirable.
- Experience in strengthening the demand for data and facilitating the use of information in the decision-making process at different levels
- Demonstrated skills in capacity building through technical assistance and coaching. This includes strong skills in public speaking, curriculum development, and delivering trainings and workshops;
- Demonstrated skills in analyzing, interpreting and communicating information to a variety of stakeholders. Applicants should describe experience developing briefs to communicate different types of data to different groups of stakeholders;
- Experience interacting with local government and key stakeholders in Mozambique.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proven track record in submitting deliverables on time
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Portuguese
- Cultural awareness and gender-sensitivity
- Residence in Mozambique and ability to travel throughout the country.
- Ability to work in Mozambique.