Senior Manager - Workforce Development
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RoleThis permanent position is located in Palladium's Workforce Development Practice Area. The Practice Area supports partner governments and stakeholders to achieve sustainable economic growth through an appropriately skilled, educated and competitive workforce. The primary focus is on the capacity and alignment of human resource capability to support communities, industries and organisations to achieve their stated goals and objectives.
Click here to view the full Terms of Reference
This position will involve Business Development, Project Management, and providing Technical Input/Sector Expertise in the area of Workforce Development.
- Support the strategic approach to business development
- Manage the development of expanded product offerings in the areas of;
- Industry Driven Technical and Vocational Education
- National and Industry Skills Assessment, Governance, Reform & Capacity Development
- Human Capital Funds Management
- Capacity Development for Individual and Organisational Change
- Skills for Economic Growth and Employment
- Competency based Education and Training Design and Delivery
- Workforce Development Policy, Planning, Research and Strategic Consulting
- International Education Program Management Awards and Fellowships
- Manage partner and team selection and pre bid negotiations
Providing Technical Input/Sector Expertise:
- Provide technical input into the design, planning and delivery of projects
- Provide short term inputs and/or consultancy assignments
- Provide support to monitor and quality assure Palladium's services
Requirements- Government client project management and business development experience
- Management of one or more projects including experience in start-up and closeout
- Experience in working in a developing country or in a project based environment
- Experience contributing to major bids and to write a proposal or project report
- Demonstrated success working with Government Ministries, Industry Associations & CSO
- Sound business development and Client Relationship Management skills
- Financial acumen and the ability to interpret and analyse financial reports
- Sound problem solving and decision making skills
- Willingness to travel and work in developing countries (minimum of 8 weeks per year)
- Master's degree in a relevant field