Senior Quality Improvement Advisor - Rwanda Integrated Health Systems Activity
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
Palladium is seeking a Senior Quality Improvement
who will provide leadership, direction, and content to QI policy development and implementation in Rwanda. Responsibilities require knowledge and experience in QI as well as of state-of-the-art innovations in the domain area.
The Senior QI Advisor
has overall technical responsibility for the project quality improvement and quality assurance portfolio. Primary responsibility will be to develop technical strategies, approaches and plans, implement activities and monitor progress towards outlined project milestone/deliverables/ approved work plans. The Advisor will also develop technical documents, provide technical oversight to team, manage the technical aspects of outsourcing any technical services, review and finalize technical products (studies, reports, briefers, slide decks) and provide overall capacity building support and mentoring to the country teams.
This position will be based in Kigali and is contingent upon contract award to Palladium.
- Participates in the design and implementation of technical support activities related to QI policy development and implementation in Rwanda
- Stays abreast of key developments in QI innovations and interventions in Rwanda to inform technical activities under the Rwanda Integrated Health Systems Activity (IHSA) project. This includes frequent interaction with the Government of Rwanda stakeholders relevant to this area as well as multilateral partners and donor agencies
- Prepares QI analyses, recommendations, briefing notes, and assessments for internal and client use.
- Provides assistance to others on matters related to topic area of research and evaluation and applies relevant methodologies to programmatic issues of importance
- Supervises short-term local consultants in Rwanda assigned to QI activities
- Represents the project, company, and programs in the QI area in Rwanda., as well as with others in the professional community.
- Interacts with internal and external resources and other experts to bring new and "cutting edge" ideas into approaches
- Conducts all work to accepted standards of research ethics
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as assigned
Minimum education and experience required
- MPH, MBA or MA in public health, international development, international relations, public policy, or related field is preferred.
- At least 10 years of experience in international health and development, with at least 5 years of providing or managing technical assistance within large complex health projects.
- Experience working with USAID-supported projects is preferred. Familiarity or experience with Rwanda health system
- Must have sound knowledge of methodologies and best practices in quality improvement, supportive supervision and mentoring approaches.
- Considerable experience in health systems strengthening, universal healthcare, private sector engagement is highly desirable
- Appropriate computer skills necessary to conduct research, and to conduct analysis of study data
- Strong analytical and computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, web-based research) - this includes data analytics
- Ability to multi-task and keep track of concurrent activities and deadlines
- Strong written and oral communication skills for high-level policy audiences
- Must be willing to travel within Rwanda.
- Fluency in English required