Senior Technical Advisor, Health Financing (SHARP)
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RolePalladium is seeking a Senior Technical Advisor, Health Financing, to work on the USAID funded Strategic HIV and AIDS Response Program (SHARP) in Nigeria, mainly to provide content knowledge, technical assistance, consultation, and support for the development and execution of economic analyses, health finance policy analyses and reform strategies, as they relate domestic resource mobilization and technical and allocative efficiencies for HIV and AIDS programming in Nigeria.
Methodologies that may be applied include cost effectiveness studies, unit costing of health interventions, health budget and expenditure surveys, resource mapping, and feasibility or policy analyses of proposals for scaling up community based and social/universal health insurance programs. The Senior Technical Advisor, Health Financing will provide high level technical assistance to policymakers in Nigeria and write reports, and policy and technical briefs to inform relevant audiences. The candidate will be required to determine the appropriate analytical methods and procedures for new assignments and both implement and manage junior staff or consultants in carrying them out.
- Provides health economics, health finance and costing expertise/technical assistance to the program, technical staff, and administrators as per project/program requirements or as directed by the Senior Technical Director, SHARP.
- Provides remote and on the ground managerial and operational oversight to specific projects and activities in a developing country setting.
- Provides analytical and evaluative techniques to identify, consider, and resolve issues or problems.
- Uses various quantitative and qualitative techniques to perform costing and health financing policy analyses.
- Responsible for the development and approval of activity specific work plans and budgets.
- Develops, reviews, and/or prepares necessary technical and program related reports, including presentations, briefs and working papers.
- Guides and supports protocol development, research, data collection, policy formulation, training and capacity building efforts in support of project activities and deliverables.
- Ensures quality of services and compliance per project/program requirements.
- May provide functional guidance to outside vendors to ensure deliverables are met on time and on budget.
- Organizes as needed project/program trainings, conferences, workshops, and meetings.
- Participates, and represents the organization as needed, in outside associations, conferences, and symposia.
- Advanced degree with significant experience preferred. PhD or MA in Economics or Health Economics, or MPH with significant coursework in health economics and finance.
- At least 8 years of experience in public health, health economics, health finance, and policy formulation related to developing countries, or experience in other fields related to the duties described above.
- Fluent written and spoken English is required. Knowledge of other major languages in Nigeria is desirable.
- Strong program management skills and supervisory skills are highly desirable.
- Strong interpersonal, writing, presentation, and organizational skills are required.
- Experience working internationally.
- Demonstrated problem solving, analytic, financial, and evaluative skills.
- Experience translating/communicating data for decision making and policy reform
- Attention to detail and ability to effectively and efficiently perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities often within a required timeframe.
- Professional and mature demeanor and conduct.
- Ability to respond and adapt quickly to changing requirements and competing demands.
- Ability to take initiative and/or respond independently to situations.
- Ability to travel internationally between 30% and 40% time.
- Must be able to regularly stand or sit, and move about the facility