Senior Technical Advisor, Malaria Vector Control-Tanzania
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RolePalladium is bidding on an upcoming USAID proposal that will focus on strengthening malaria surveillance and improve targeting of vector control interventions across transmission zones in Tanzania. The Technical Lead, Malaria Vector Control will work closely with the COP, Technical Lead for Malaria Surveillance and other project staff. Under the supervision of the COP, the Technical Lead, Malaria Vector Control will be responsible for program management oversight, timely implementation of malaria vector control efforts. The Technical Lead, Malaria Vector Control will provide technical guidance and oversee all implementation activities in collaboration with stakeholders, partners and local country government (MOHSW, NMCP, and ZAMEP).
- Work actively in the support of field activities
- Supports the COP in the development of country work plans, vector control operations reports, and other technical and programmatic reports, as required
- Work collaboratively with the COP, Technical Lead, Malaria Surveillance and other project staff to implement vector control best practices
- Design and implement vector control M&E system in close coordination with other technical and management teams, including the development of performance indicators, setting annual targets, monitoring project progress, and ensuring timely data collection
- Ensure that Palladium provides high quality technical assistance and capacity development to local partners and project stakeholders
- Conduct regular M&E and mentoring visits to local partners
- Translate evidence, current research, and guidelines into practical programmatic and field operations
- Advanced degree in entomology, epidemiology, environmental science or other relevant discipline (MBA, MD, MPH, PhD) from an accredited academic institution
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in public health, including at least 5 years of malaria vector control experience
- Direct experience with malaria vector control interventions
- Direct experience creating evidence for informed policy decisions on malaria control interventions
- Direct experience with HMIS/DHIS2, LMIS, MIS is desired, preferably in Tanzania
- Ability to achieve consensus among senior stakeholders and operational and budget management experience
- Direct experience leading technical teams is highly desired
- Advanced skills in M&E and experience designing monitoring and evaluation plans, designing, implementing and supervising data collection activities also desired
- Excellent written and oral skills in English are required to communicate technical information to audiences with varying levels of technical expertise as referenced above
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills