Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RoleCompany Overview
Palladium develops and delivers solutions that create positive impact for communities, businesses, societies and economies. We transform lives and create enduring value by working with governments, corporations and non-profit organisations. Palladium is built on the idea that progress will be supported by four key pillars:
- International Development
- Strategy Execution Consulting
- Impact Investment
- Training and Events
We create positive impact through more than 100 current projects with more than 2000 employees operating in over 90 countries.
Palladium is a child-safe organization, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.Project Overview and Role
Health Policy Plus (HP+) is a USAID-funded five-year $185 million project awarded to Palladium (formerly Futures Group) on August 28, 2015. HP+ has a mandate across global, country, and subnational levels to strengthen and advance health policy priorities in family planning and reproductive health (FP/RH), HIV, and maternal health. It aims to improve the enabling environment for equitable and sustainable health services, supplies, and delivery systems through policy development and implementation, with an emphasis on voluntary, rights-based health programs, and by strengthening in-country partners' capacity to navigate complex environments for effective policy design, implementation, and financing aligned to their priorities. We carry forward proven approaches to preserve achievements. These approaches inform how we manage programs and engage with stakeholders, and tools and techniques improve decision making and the achievement of predetermined goals.
HP+, in partnership with the Philippines Department of Health - Health Policy Development and Planning Bureau (DOH-HPDPB), seeks to conduct a first-ever national-level study consisting of linked household-level and facility-level surveys to gather quantitative data on the utilization of healthcare services, household healthcare expenditures, and household mechanisms for financing healthcare expenditures. Results from the study will inform subsequent rounds of the Philippines National Health Expenditure Survey (NHES), which will be implemented by the DOH-HPDPB in mid/late 2019.
The consultant will provide technical and capacity building support to the data collection firm responsible for Round 1 NHES implementation. The consultant will collaborate with the local NHES consultant team (inclusive of a senior economist, research manager, and two research associates) to provide direct support and supervision of the third-party data collection firm in final stages of data collection, encoding, and processing. The consultant will also work closely with staff at the DOH-HPDPB and HP+ headquarters staff.
The survey data expert consultant will provide technical assistance including, but not limited to:
- Based at the PSRC central office, provide technical support to data collection firm in data encoding, processing, and cleaning;
- Assist Quality Assurance team in reviewing completed interview forms and identifying cases for validation;
- Support Data processing team to streamline data encoding processes, review of database, and creating automated cleaning scripts;
- Assist in generating data tables of descriptive statistics and data summaries.
- Review of data collection firm's final deliverables, providing direct feedback to PSRC and support to local NHES consultant team
- Review of final Round 1 data collection instruments; including NHES-HC and NHES-MPC questionnaires, consent forms, assent forms and field protocols
- Review of encoded NHES data, including provision of comments to dummy database, validation rules, and weekly updates on database status;
- Review of data collection narrative documenting data collection process, challenges encountered and overcome, and proposed revisions to survey instruments for future rounds of NHES implementation.
- Based in Manila, Philippines
- Fluency in English and Filipino/Tagalog required; competency in other local languages (Bikol, Cebuano, Ilocano, Ilonggo, Waray) preferred
- Education - MS or MA in relevant field is preferred
- Previous experience in primary data collection and household and/or facility surveys
- Strong technical skills with statistical principles and survey procedures
- Strong skills in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Stata (or other statistical package) required
- Familiarity with QPSMR software preferred
- Strong interpersonal, communication, writing, and oral presentation skills in English