Systems Architect - Global ICT
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RoleThe role of Systems Architect will form an intergral part of our Global ICT team and focus on the analysis, design, deployment and management of the corporate technological infrastructure, including networks, communications and data-management systems. The Systems Architect will act as a subject matter expert in working to create Global IT infrastructure and networks.
ResponsibilitiesThe primary responsibilities of the Systems Architect are to:
- Establish a vision for the use of technology in supporting the company's operations;
- Lead and direct others in the overall analysis and design of the company's ICT enterprise architecture and in the configuration, testing and review of this architecture;
- Perform cost-analysis of proposed solutions to determine their feasibility and the optimal method of development;
- Develop policies, guidelines and standards for the deployment and operation of the company's enterprise architecture;
- Define procedures for security, privacy and data protection, capacity management and disaster recovery and assisting in the implementation and monitoring of these procedures;
- Develop policies, guidelines and standards for the deployment and operation of the company's networks and communications systems, including systems quality of service, monitoring and alerting;
- Provide technical support to regional partnerships in the deployment of ICT infrastructure, networks and communication;
- Maintain awareness of industry developments and best practices regarding user support and service delivery, ensuring that systems in place are maintained in the most current and efficient state;
- Collaborate with the Director ICT Global in the research and innovation in the use of technology within the company and its projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, IT or equivalent;
- Significant prior relevant ICT experience;
- Demonstrable experience in designing, building, deploying, upgrading, testing and maintaining Enterprise Architectures;
- Substantial knowledge of hardware, software, network and communication systems;
- Strong knowledge of business process modelling, organisational analysis and design tools and techniques;
- Strong knowledge and experience with programming languages, tools and techniques;
- Experience in evaluating, designing, testing and deploying operating systems, middleware, server technology, network technology and communication systems;
- Experience in cost-analysis of Enterprise Architectures and its different component;
- Ability to multitask, work under pressure, take initiative, meet deadlines and acquire and apply technical skills as necessary.
- Strong communication, influencing and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to lead and coach a diverse group of global stakeholders;
- Proven systems delivery and project management skills.