Team Leader - Intellectual property office for the 21st century - Brazil
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
The Prosperity Fund (PF) is a cross-government aid fund, under the authority of the National Security Council, that promotes economic reform and growth in developing countries. The Prosperity Fund has a planned budget of ?1.2bn to run over five years (2016/17 to 2020/21) Its primary purpose of the prosperity fund is to contribute to a reduction of poverty in developing countries, whilst the secondary objective is to create opportunities for international business, including UK companies.
"A Brazilian intellectual property office for the 21st century", is a ?3 million component of FCO's Brazil Prosperity Fund Programme. With an estimated duration of 3 years for implementation, the GTP proposes to provide support for the improvement of intellectual property (IP) registrations processes for the Instituto Nacional de Propriedade Industrial - INPI. Brazilian authorities have recognised for themselves that issues with their current Intellectual Property systems are costing them significant amounts in lost investment, lost tax revenues, lost creativity and lost innovation.
Palladium is currently looking for an experienced Team leader/Programme Manager to join our proposal for this project and play a key leadership position in the implementation and delivery of the programme.
Reporting directly to the Program Director, the Team Leader will be responsible for:
- Leading on the design and delivery of the programme strategy and implementation
- Leading on and working with key stakeholders in the development, preparation and implementation of all project activities and guidelines as required
- Serving as the key champion of the programme in Brazil, and creating synergies with private, public and municipal bodies
- Leading a diverse team of experts to deliver on goals defined by the client
- Lead on Stakeholder management and create strong and lasting relationships with the client
- Reviewing and validating all project deliverables
The Ideal candidate will have:
- Exceptional leadership skills and experience to demonstrate this, particularly on donor funded programmes
- Relevant academic qualifications in Business Administration / Economics / Engineering
- Experience as working as part of consortium and demonstrate stakeholder management
- Strong management consulting skills and track record within the following areas: process & quality management systems, IT & HR strategy, service pricing methods
- Experience within the Intellectual Property space
- Experience providing technical assistance and capacity building programming to Brazilian public sector beneficiaries
- Fluency in English & Portuguese