Technical Experts - Jordan Creating Economic and Employment Opportunities
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RolePalladium seeks Technical Experts for the anticipated USAID-funded Jordan Creating Economic and Employment Opportunities through Partnerships (CEEO). The goal of CEEO is to create a competitive, demand-driven workforce development system that leads to increased private sector employment, especially for women, youth and vulnerable groups. The focus will be on establishing partnerships with the private sector, working with various educational institutions, and alignment with the Jordan Compact workforce priorities. Two key areas of the project will be:
- Promoting economic opportunities with high strong employment generation potential
- Promoting business partnerships related to investment and job creation
- Experts in enterprise development and employment generation
- Experts working on gender, youth and vulnerable population issues
- Experts on job counselling and career placements
- Experts on curriculum development and training of trainers
- Experts in workforce enabling environment
- Work closely with the COP to develop strategies and work plans for the program; Collaboratively implement a strategic, long-term programmatic vision
- Provide technical input to project implementation to achieve targets; Write and contribute toward progressreports, technical reports,and other deliverables
- Ensure that all project assistance is technically sound and appropriate for the local context
- Conduct technical analysis on constraints, and work with public and private sector stakeholders to identify solutions to overcome them
- Liaise with the host government and intergovernmental organizations, stakeholders, and counterparts in the public and private sectors, as applicable
- Advanced degree in a relevant technical area
- Minimumfive to eight years of relevant development experience in designing, implementing, or managing USAID or other donor-funded development programs
- Significant experience in key areas listed above with proven ability to achieve program targets
- Strong ability and desire to work collaboratively with governmental bodies in Jordan, local partners, the private sector, and international donors
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Arabic
- Experience in Jordan is required; Experience in Middle East is highly desirable