Technical Experts - Lebanon Enterprise Development
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RoleThe purpose of the Lebanon Enterprise Development (LED) project is to facilitate the provision of business development services and solutions to Lebanese firms, enabling them to expand their activities, increase sales and create jobs. The contract will apply a problem solving buyer-led approach to the key constraints that stand in the way of Lebanese small and medium enterprises (SMEs) consummating sales transactions, growing and hiring more people.
- Palladium is seeking 4 specialist in the following five areas:
- MARKETS - Market Development, Marketing and Commercialization.
- OPERATIONS - Supply Chain + Production Optimization.
- PEOPLE ? Workforce development, needs analysis.
- MONEY ? Access to finance.
- Work closely with the COP to develop strategies and work plans for the program; Collaboratively implement a strategic, long-term programmatic vision
- Provide technical input to project implementation to achieve targets; Write and contribute toward progress reports, technical reports, and other deliverables
- Ensure that all project assistance is technically sound and appropriate for the local context
- Conduct technical analysis on constraints, and work with public and private sector stakeholders to identify solutions to overcome them
- Liaise with the host government and intergovernmental organizations, stakeholders, and counterparts in the public and private sectors, as applicable
- Experience ? Experience doing function at company level or association/sector level with demonstrable results.
- Networks ? Deep industry networks and experience.
- Advanced degree in a relevant technical area
- Minimum five to eight years of relevant development experience in designing, implementing, or managing USAID or other donor-funded development programs
- Significant experience in key areas listed above with proven ability to achieve program targets
- Strong ability and desire to work collaboratively with governmental bodies in Lebanon, local partners, the private sector, and international donors
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Arabic
- Experience in Lebanon is required; Experience in Middle East is highly desirable